Alex has put together a collection of stories from many writers around the theme of “letting go.”
I read the book and found it very uplifting. One of the best reasons to read the book is to see that you are not alone. Everyone will go through a dark night of the soul at one point in life because that is how we grow and learn to handle problems.
If you need some inspiration I recommend it.
Alex, what gave you the idea for the book?
10 years ago it was clear that I had to let go of fear, shame and guilt if my marriage was going to survive.
For the first 18 years of my marriage, I was insecure, thinking that my wife, Mary Beth, was going to leave me. My obsession put pressure on her to tell me constantly, and show me, that she loved me.
My insecurities were born back in my childhood. As a child of an alcohol parent, I thought I was the reason my mother drank – I thought it was my fault and I thought it was impossible to be loved authentically and unconditionally.
To save my marriage, I had to start learning to let go of these negative attachments and embrace the life in front of me. By letting go of the pain, shame and guilt a little at a time, Mary Beth started seeing the positive changes in me.
Last June, we celebrated our 28th anniversary. We’ve never been happier – I’ve never been happier.
So, the inspiration behind this book is to celebrate the amazing and life-changing gifts that letting go provides.
Who should read the book?
25 True Stories of Peace, Hope and Surrender is for anyone who wants to put a painful memory or experience in the past. It’s also for people who are holding on too tightly to their children, even though it may be time to let them go.
The book doesn’t offer a formula or guide for letting go, it just offers the inspiration and encouragement needed to begin the process.
I also think there is value in reading about the experience of others so you won’t feel alone with how your experiences. The stories in the book will elicit an emotional response because each one is filled with honesty, truth and hope.
Do you share a “true story?”
My story appears in Part Four – Letting Go: Parenting. The title of the story is World – I Present My Daughter.
It’s about the day my older daughter, Caitlin, graduated from college. That day was full of so much pride and happiness. It was also a bittersweet day because I knew my daughter belonged to the world now, and not just to my family.
Even though her mother and I have always encouraged her to make a life of her own, when that day actually came, it was harder than I thought. But by realizing I had to let go, allowed Caitlin and me to begin building a wonderful adult relationship that is growing stronger each day.
What bonuses are you offering people who purchase your book?
I’m happy to give everyone who purchases Letting Go: 25 True Stories of Peace, Hope and Surrender, the Peace and Balance Book Bonus Pack. This bonus pack provides 10 free tools from some inspirational people. Highlights include:
- Guy Finely: You will receive Guy’s popular course, Seven Steps to Oneness: Journey to a Whole New Life, which is a FREE 8-hour course on 8 MP3 downloads. During this groundbreaking audio program you will discover, explore, and learn to work with timeless principles that will help you to empower the evolution of your soul.
- Tiny Buddha: Book purchasers will get Lori Deschene’s Tiny Wisdom, On Mindfulness. Part of the Tiny Wisdom eBook series from tinybuddha.com, this book shares 20 short reminders for a more present, peaceful life.
- Andrea Owen: Andrea shares her book, How I Turned My Mess into My Message, detailing exactly how she came from a place of darkness, despair and self-loathing, to a place of happiness, self-confidence and self-love.
How does someone receive the Peace and Balance Book Bonus Pack?
It’s easy. Simply email the Amazon purchase confirmation email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How is your book different from the thousands of other self-help books on the market?
As I mentioned earlier, this book isn’t intended to be a how-to guide or a self-help manual full of obvious advice, it’s a transparent, and sometimes raw, look at real-life experiences that have nudged people to let go of negative attachments that were no longer serving them.
I think there’s value, and a sense of connectedness when we discover that we aren’t walking alone.
What’s next for you?
I will continue learning how to let go of the things that keep me from enjoying life to the fullest. It’s a daily choice to do this. Some days I stumble and hold on to the garage a little too tight; and on some days I throw it as far away from me as I can, but on all days I attempt to move forward with dignity, self-respect and lots of hope.
I will also continue to share inspiration at my blog, The BridgeMaker.
As far as my next book? It will be fiction, a novel, but a novel with message that is rooted in the themes that most important to me like forgiveness, seeking positive change and of course, letting go.
What challenges are you currently facing in life? Can you see how letting go of what is out of your control could help you to experience more peace?
If you enjoyed this post please share it with a friend on Twitter, FB or Google+. Thanks!
P.S. Open up to guidance from your intuition when times are tough. Find our more: Click here.
Alex Blackwell is an author and founder of The Bridgemaker. Visit his Letting Go promotions page to see all the great bonuses he is giving if you buy the book: here. To get your bonuses just email the receipt to him (here: email@example.com) and he will send your bonus pack right out.
My name is Alex Blackwell and I’m the founder of The BridgeMaker. I’m excited to introduce you to the site and share a little about myself, the community, and The BridgeMaker’s mission.
On the brink of divorce several years ago, I needed to make a few changes within myself before my life could change.
Knowing creating positive change was necessary, I started down the path of learning how to appreciate exactly what I have.
The articles you’ll read here are inspired by my journey and touch on the themes of forgiveness, faith, happiness, change, motivation, gratitude and letting go. You will also read articles about the amazing power of love and relationships.
And there’s inspiration when you need it on the Inspiring Things page – videos, quotes, photos and more.
The BridgeMaker’s Mission
The BridgeMaker connects people who are looking to find faith, share inspiration and celebrate personal change.
– See more at: http://www.thebridgemaker.com/welcome-amazing-readers/#sthash.N3HNA1ow.dpuf
Have you faced one obstacle after another lately?
Has upheaval caused the bottom to fall out from your life?
Take heart. You are not alone but a member of the club called “life.”
The spiritual message behind stress, struggles and upheaval is in simple terms this: Evolve or die. You are a here to learn how to deal with problems so acknowledge your difficulties, master your circumstances and learn how to cope with what life throws at you. All life forms must adapt to an ever changing environment. Every lesson you face in life is a lesson that you are being given an opportunity to master; like it or not.
Did your spouse abandon you?
Are you in dire circumstances financially?
Do constant roadblocks thwart your efforts to achieve your goals?
Is the stress and pressure of life choking you?
Then look closely because there is a lesson in there somewhere. If fact, whatever you are facing that is difficult and stressful is a lesson that you are here to master.
The very nature of life is change. Without the stress and friction caused by change you wouldn’t be forced to grow, to fulfill your potential and evolve. Anyone who tells you life is supposed to be trouble free is either lying to you or ignorant. There is no living creature on the planet that doesn’t have to deal with challenges of some sort. Even animals have the daily challenge of finding food and making sure they don’t become meals themselves to some other animal.
Within every challenge you face is a spiritual message about what you are supposed to be learning. If you get quiet and listen you will understand the higher meaning behind what you are going through and what you are meant to learn from this challenge.
The message might be any number of things:
- You cannot be all things to all people. Meaning develop your self esteem.
- Let go and stop trying to control everyone and every circumstance in life. Meaning you are driven by your many fears.
- Face reality and accept what you cannot change and move on. Meaning you are stuck in the past.
- Pay attention to what you have, not what you don’t and give thanks. Meaning you are too focused on the negative instead of the good.
The bottom line is this, once you hear this message, internalize it and take the right action the challenges and struggles will begin to sort themselves out. Things may not shake out the way you want them to but your life will begin moving forward again. And that is progress and that is how you will learn and evolve.
Life is not all smooth sailing. There are times when there are great storms in life and you, as the captain of your ship must learn to navigate through the storms. If you cannot weather the storm you will perish and that is the underlying motivation for solving your problems. But the good news is that once you learn to navigate a storm or two you never forget how to do it. The skills and confidence you acquire through making your way out of challenging circumstances stays with you for the rest of your life and will prevent you from getting caught by the same pitfalls in the future.
How do you hear the message encoded within struggles?
By going within and listening to your inner voice, your inner wisdom; your intuition.
Whenever life becomes too much to manage – stop – and know that you’ve veered off course somewhere. It’s time to go back to basics and listen to what that wise inner voice has been telling you all along. Your intuition will not only tell you the truth about the spiritual lesson you must learn but illuminate where you went off course and what to do about it. Once you understand how you went wrong and taken action to get back on track you have mastered another lesson and hopefully will never make the same mistake again.
Why do we make the same mistakes?
If you are seeing a pattern of the same kind of mistakes over and over you must first forgive yourself and then realize that we all learn in our own time. If you see this pattern just now it only means that you were not ready to internalize the message until this present moment.
The fact that you are ready though is cause for celebration! You are now ready to awaken and that means that things will change for the better soon enough.
So here’s how to understand the meaning behind stress, struggles and upheaval in life and what to do about it:
1. Realize that stress and struggles are simply signs that something needs to change – namely YOU as you cannot change others only yourself. Nor do struggles imply that you are inept or being punished. If you think such a thing release this belief at once.
2. Take stock of what you have. Look over your life and and count your blessings. What do you have that is good? Make a gratitude list for everything and read it several times a day. To get out of a downward spiral you must look up!
3. Close your eyes and go within. Relax and ask your higher intuitive self, that wisest part of you, to show you the reason for all the stress and struggle in your life. To reveal to you where you went off course and where you may have stuck your head in the sand and what to do about it now.
This is a very important step. Don’t skip it. What you will find is that your inner wisdom – your intuition– was trying to get your attention all along. What you will learn about yourself will expand your conscious awareness of how your inner wisdom communicates with you. And this will be an invaluable lesson going forward for now you will have a blueprint for the next time you are dealing with a challenge.
4. Recognize that there will always be circumstances in your life that are beyond your control. You know you cannot control the actions of others. The only thing you can control is your reaction. Learn to roll with the punches and not tense up and a huge source of self-created stress will subside.
5. Understand that where there is struggle there may also be selective blindness. Ask yourself what you are refusing to see about this situation and yourself? How might your actions be perpetuating the situation. You must be brutally honest. And, never forget that “wherever you go – there you are.”
6. When the bottom falls out of your life due to upheavals it’s natural to sink to your knees and plead and beg with Universe to restore life as you knew it but, highly unlikely that it will happen. Bottoms fall out of lives every day and for the same reason; the life you knew was on shaky ground.
When shaky ground gives it is because we chose to tolerate or overlook many things from the beginning of the situation. The solid foundation was never there but we deluded ourselves and refused to see this in order to stay in our comfort zone.
An upheaval in your life is the greatest sign that you need to grow – to evolve. It says this other situation wasn’t healthy and was holding you back from growing and reaching your full potential and that is why it crumbled. See it as a new door opening. A door that will lead you to freedom, new possibilities and a new life. Take stock of your present reality no matter how painful, accept what is, work with it and move on toward your new life and new you.
7. To lesson the likelihood of the bottom dropping out of your life again develop a habit of reviewing each day. Be honest. Acknowledge your fears, feel your feelings and reflect on your reactions to daily stresses and challenges. Deal with your problems before they snowball out of control again. Address any needed changes and seek help if necessary.
The trick to being successful at navigating life’s problems is to face them immediately and to interpret their spiritual meaning. Ask yourself what you need to learn from this situation and how it will benefit your overall growth? Accepting the lesson is the first step in taking back control of your life. Now you will see it all clearly and honestly and be able to deal with what is. If you can do this you can also make course corrections before life becomes unmanageable.
Accept that life will always present challenges. Welcome them and know that by dealing with problems you will grow more capable each time. And as you grow more capable you will develop a stronger sense of faith that all of life always unfolds perfectly, no matter what has happened, to support your growth and spiritual development.
Know that the most successful people are successful not because they have never struggled but because they learned how to deal with challenges and navigate through them. If you’d like to learn more about how mentoring can help you become more confident and empowered “click here for a Complimentary Life Direction Clarity Session with me.“
What challenges are you facing? What is their underlying meaning in your life? What do you most need to learn from this situation now?
If you enjoyed this article spread the work share it with a friend on Twitter, FB or Google+. Thank you!
P.S. Want to know how your intuition can guide you through life? – click here!
Photo credit: © yanlev – Fotolia.com
Some days it’s hard to be optimistic.
Some days you feel bone tired and bone dry of creativity.
Some days you wonder why you went back to school, or started this book, or this blog, or this business or project?
Then you hear from someone who tells you that what you’re doing inspired them, or really helped them deal with their depression, or writer’s block, or fear, or financial problems and you press on. (more…)