How to Use Your Intuition to Root Out Your Money Hang-ups
Has going from employee to entrepreneur been harder than you thought?
Are you finding it difficult to charge what you’re worth?
Are you surprised at not getting the results you expected?
If you answered yes to any of these questions you’re not alone in fact, you’re in good company. Most entrepreneurs suffer a shock to the system when they go from employee to entrepreneur. Self-employment brings up all the unresolved issues you have about your worth, deserving and ability to receive. And, if possible it’s best to get these hang ups cleared out before you go solo.
Be prepared to suffer “growing pains” throughout the life cycle of your business. The truth is that in order for your business to grow you must also grow and develop the ability to achieve at higher levels. This means not only acquiring new business skills but the mental and emotional capacity to confidently be seen and take action on a bigger stage.
So how do you know if you have money hang-ups? If the money isn’t flowing in your business even though you’ve implemented all the right business and marketing strategies then it’s highly likely that money hang-ups are the culprits causing you to self-sabotage.
Money hang ups are tell tale signs that your internal growth hasn’t kept up with the challenges of your external growth and ambition. If the money you desire from all your efforts isn’t flowing into your business the first place to look is your internal beliefs around your worth, deserving and ability to receive. It doesn’t matter how much strategy you have under your belt either. Money hang ups do not discriminate on the bases of knowledge.
5 Questions to Intuitively Root out Your Money Hang ups
Instructions Step 1: Go somewhere quiet where you won’t be disturbed, take a few relaxing breaths and answer the following questions:
1. Do you feel there’s a mismatch between your plentiful education, training, certifications and what you’re earning?
2. Do you feel you should be farther ahead by now?
3. Are you applying all the right business and marketing tactics but still not getting the results you expect?
4. No matter how much you accomplish do you always focus on how much is still left to do?
5. Do you feel more comfortable giving (compliments/gifts) rather than being the recipient?
Go deeper with your intuition
Step 2: Record only the Yeses. Review each YES and ask yourself “Why?” As you do see what thoughts, feelings or memories come to mind. Go with the first thoughts, memories and associated feelings that come up. These will likely be big clues as to what the root of the problem is. When you work with intuition often your first thought is correct.
Change your story
Step 3: Once you have an intuitive feel for where your money hang ups are and what they are telling you change the story. Rewrite it with a better ending – the one you wish had happened. Forgive yourself for any mistakes you might have made. Look back with fresh eyes or perhaps through adult eyes if the memory was from childhood and see the truth about yourself as you are now, not the child you once were. Tell yourself now that you know better you’ll do better next time. Release your old story and free yourself.
Be an advocate for yourself
Step 4: Get clear on what needs to change in order for you to succeed. Ask yourself what you’re tired of putting up with? Take a stand for yourself and your business and take action.
Do you lack business strategy and marketing skills? Hire a mentor to help you work on implementing those aspects of your business.
Could you do with some energy clearing to finally remove the money hang ups for good? Hire a mentor to help you eliminate the psychological obstacles blocking your path to your success.
Celebrate how far you’ve come!
Money hang ups aren’t the end of the world because they don’t have to be permanent. They’re red flags that point to what aspects of yourself still need work, compassion and TLC.
What did you discover about yourself? What aspects of yourself do you need to focus on in order to clear your money hang-ups?
If you enjoyed this article why not share it with a friend on Twitter, FB or Google+?
P.S. Learn how to use your intuition: Click here!
Photo: Fotolia umbrella ©Sergey Nivens
Want to reach the heights of success you’ve only dreamed of?
Make the decision to work with a mentor and watch what happens. I call this process “splitting the atom” of your potential. By saying “Yes” to a new opportunity you split the atom of your potential and release an enormous untapped power trapped inside of you. This power moves mountains and can reshape the topography of your life. Every human being possess this pure potential but sadly few utilize it. Instead it sits there until time goes by and one day it’s too late.
There isn’t a problem in your life that someone else hasn’t already been through
So many earnest and hardworking soulful practitioners think that if they just keep “soldiering through” whatever business challenge they’re facing that eventually they’ll overcome it. The problem with this way of thinking is if they do solve the problem at all it will take a very, very long time but it’s more likely they won’t solve the problem because they approach it with the same thinking that created it in the first place.
And that’s just sad.
The way to overcome your business challenge, or any problem for that matter, is to “split the atom” on your own potential and learn from a mentor. A mentor is someone who has successfully navigated through the same problem. Working with one releases your untapped potential.
My stubborn refusal to work with a mentor dragged down my business success for years. I thought I could do it on my own but I was wrong.
When I discovered the mentorship model my first thoughts where, “How simple! How elegant! Why did I waste so many years before I took this route?” Now I wouldn’t even consider not working with a mentor an option.
Take Intuitively Inspired Action
When you are offered a solution to a problem by a mentor who has successfully overcome what you are facing – grab it the moment feel the pull toward it. You must not think of it as spending money but investing money in yourself. This is an intuitively inspired moment where you are being given an opportunity to walk through a door to an alternate reality where your unleashed potential and success awaits you. Don’t let your thinking hold you back.
Allow yourself to act upon this inspiration because the door to this alternate reality remains open for just a few seconds. If you don’t go through it the door slams shut. When you slam the door shut on splitting the atom of your potential what’s really happening is that your fear is pulling you back to your cozy comfort zone where you feel “safe” and can continue playing small.
Don’t shortchange your success
A few ways that soulful entrepreneurs shortchange themselves is by thinking….
1. “I’ll go for the mentoring I need after I make the money in my business.” This is a huge illusion. If what you are doing now isn’t making you the money, where will this money come from or how many years are you willing to struggle and put off your success until you have it?
2. “I’ve tried other training programs and they don’t work for me.” Proper marketing and sales training work. People are making a good living using these methods. How can they not work for you? The only reason they wouldn’t is if you didn’t fully implement the training.
3. “I’ll just watch what this successful person does.” This is a big way to shortchange your success. You’ll never see all of what you need to learn from copying what successful entrepreneurs are doing whether it’s their emails or products and systems, etc. You’ll only meet with mediocre success and work way to hard for it by doing it this way.
4. “I’ll research it on online and get it all for free.” This is a scatter shot approach that will shortchange you in the end too. You will definitely be able to find most of the information online for free. The problem is that you’re likely to gather this information from a large assortment of successful mentors. What you’ll end up with is a collection of pieced together tactics rather than a seamless business system. And this too will having you working way to hard and take longer than working directly with a mentor.
5. “I’ll go for one off coaching instead.” You’ll never master a complete business system by going for on again off again coaching. Thinking you will just “pick the brain” of someone never works. You’re missing too many pieces because you don’t even know what you don’t know – so you don’t ask the right questions. This will slow your success way down too.
Do yourself a favor and stop shortchanging yourself. Jump in with both feet when you feel that pull toward an opportunity to work with a mentor. You will make back your investment in your training at lightening speed when you say “Yes” to yourself. So split the Atom on your potential and unleash your power and success by working with a mentor.
Wondering whether a mentor could help you? Book a complimentary session and see if and how it could benefit your life. Click here for your complimentary session now.
How has studying with a mentor catapulted your success? Share with us.
If you enjoyed this article share it with a friend on Twitter, Facebook of Google+.
P.S. Learn to take advantage off Intuitively Inspired Opportunities: Click here.
Image: © Nejron Photo – Fotolia.com