Today I have the pleasure of sharing a recorded interview with Julie Beischel, Ph.D., the author of
Dr. Julie Beischel is the co-founder and director of research at the Windbridge Institute, and following the suicide of her mother and an evidential mediumship reading, Dr. Julie Beischel forfeited a potentially lucrative career in the pharmaceutical industry to pursue rigorous scientific research with mediums full-time.
She is currently a member of Parapsychological Association and the Society for Scientific Exploration.
Dr. Beischel has generously offered the gift of a Windbridge Institute membership to one lucky PBI commentor……scroll down to find out how to participate!
You can listen to the two-part audio or read the full transcript below.
Part one:Part two:
Angela: Dr. Beischel welcome. I loved reading your bio. You have such an accomplished background and such a fascinating one especially since you are studying mediumship. It is a pleasure to have you. I reached out to you because of the book that you published in January. “Among Mediums”, and it’s abook that you were gracious enough to send me. I read it and loved it. It was fun because your voice was just so funny. I found myself entertained while I learned a lot as I read it.
Readers of Powered by Intuition would really love to know a bit more about you since you are someone who is leading a way in researching mediumship.
De.Beischel: My Ph.D. is in Pharmacology and Toxicology with some minor in Microbiology and Immunology. While I was in graduate school my mom committed suicide and I went through my normal grieving process and a few years later “The Crossing Over, With John Edwards” show was on TV and that was sort of my first interaction with the medium. (more…)
Have you ever wondered if you might be a medium?
Read this article to learn the 13 signs of mediumistic abilities and see if you are a budding medium.
There are two types of mediums
A natural born medium and latent medium – one who develops their abilities later in life. Being a natural born medium means that your abilities presented themselves from childhood. A latent medium has the abilities but, they do not present themselves until later in life.
Developing psychic mediumship later in life is usually due to an inner transformation that triggers a spiritual awakening and search for more meaning in life.
Differences between intuition, psychic ability and mediumship
Every person is intuitive to a degree. Intuition is your own inner wisdom. It is a higher form of “instinct” and it is programmed into humans in order to avoid danger and so our species will survive.
Psychic ability is going outside of oneself and retrieving information.
A psychic can tap into the future or the past and has abilities such as “clairvoyance” which is seeing what cannot be seen with the physical eyes; “clairaudience” which is the ability to hear within the mind what cannot be heard with the physical ears; “clairsentience” which is the ability to experience other people’s emotions and physical ailments; “claircognizance” which is clearly knowing something without knowing how you know.
All mediums are psychic but, not all psychics are mediums
A medium will have all of the previous abilities but, in addition, they will also have highly developed telepathic abilities that allow them to receive “mind to mind” communication from a deceased individual. They will be able to “see” and describe the deceased, “hear” words, names, phrases and sometimes complete sentences and, “feel” the presence or experience the feelings or pains/illnesses of the deceased individual and will describe all of this to you as it is given to them by the discarnate.
Here are some signs that you may be a medium. The sign applies to you whether it appeared in childhood or at a more mature age. You don’t have to have had all these things happen to you to be mediumistic:
1. As a child did you have a fear of the dark? Did you hear your name being called or see faces or shadows moving about your room? Did you need a nightlight in the room in order to sleep undisturbed and peacefully?
2. Were you aware of “feeling different” or not fitting in as a child and while growing up? Were you a bit of a loner and not a joiner? Did you feel mature or like “old soul” compared to your playmates? Did adults constantly remark on how “mature” you were? Do you recall knowing things but, not knowing how you knew?
3. Were you drawn at an early age to explore metaphysics, spirituality and religion? Were you always searching for answers to the “big” questions in life such as, “why are here?” and “what is the point of our lives?”
4. Were you or are you now visited by discarnate beings? Do you “see” spirits? Keep in mind that most of the time mediums “see” within the mind’s eye not with the physical eye although, this does occur.
5. You may not have been afraid of the dark but, were aware of spirits (or people – you may not have realized they were deceased) at a very young age. Did you have what your parents called an “imaginary friend? Did you tell them you “saw grandma?”
6. Are you sensitive to energy? Can you sense when someone walks into the room without turning around? Being aware of “presences” and sensing the “energy” change in your environment. Have you ever been “touched” or tapped on the shoulder by a spirit? Some mediums do not “see” or “hear” as much as they get much their information “clairsentiently” or “claircognizantly.”
7. Have you always had vivid dreams that you recall upon waking? Were the dreams sometimes precognitive – meaning they predicted some future event that came to pass? Were you visited by deceased relatives in these dreams? When you woke up did you feel as if they had really been there?
8. When you close your eyes did or do you see colors, faces and landscapes? Did you sometimes “see” in your mind’s eye that you are flying over changing landscapes or seascapes? Can you close your eyes and “see” what someone is wearing or doing? Can you “see” what their house looks like?
9. Have you had spontaneous out of body experiences? Were you able to look back and see your “body?” Did you hurdle through the blackness of space and pass by stars at incredible speeds? Did you encounter discarnate entities while out of your body?
10. Did you or do you sometimes blurt things out that you “heard” in your mind that you had no way of knowing that turn out to be true? Are you aware of “knocks, “raps,” or “hearing” whispers or people talking that you can’t make out, or can you recall hearing directives such as, “NO” or “STOP” or “DON’T GO THERE” throughout the course of your life, or a ringing in your ears quite often?
11. Did you or do you “see” symbols or colors around people? “Seeing” this way usually takes place within the mind’s eye not the physical eyes. Do you “see” for example, a hospital bed and then learn the next day this person was rushed to the hospital? Or, do you see colors in certain places on a person that you “understand” to mean certain things about them? You are seeing the person’s energy signature – their aura.
12. Have you ever been aware of how others felt emotionally or the pain they were experiencing in their body? Do your moods change when you are around others? Are you susceptible to picking up other people’s moods? If someone is angry are you agitated by their energy?
13. Have you ever held an object belonging to another person and gotten a strong sense about that person? Were you able to describe their personality or something they were going through? Reading objects is called “psychometry.” You have the ability to interpret the residual energy accumulated within or attached to an object from its owner.
If you regularly experience six, seven or more of these signs you are mediumistic and could develop your abilities further if you desire.
Have you experienced any of these signs? Which ones – what happened? Are you interested in learning more about mediumship?
If you enjoyed this post share it with a friend on Twitter, FB or Google+. Thank you.
P.S. To develop your natural intuition – click here.
P.P.S. I am looking for PbI subscribers who are regular folk, not psychics or mediums, who have seen the spirit of a loved one and would like to develop these abilities further. Subscribe to contact me.
Photo:© olly – Fotolia.com