Do you know your “Unique Moneymaking Proposition?”
Unique Moneymaking Proposition (UMP) is a term I use to describe the potential each of us has to harness our gifts to make a living doing something we love.
Spiritual and Intuitive souls are the first to overlook their gifts.
I have found this to be the case time and time again. Many clients I serve are spiritual and intuitive and they come to me looking for coaching around finding their life purpose. They desperately want to leave jobs they dislike but they are stumped as to what they can do instead.
Clue: Your Unique Moneymaking Proposition is always actually “hidden in plain sight.”
Why does your Unique Moneymaking Proposition appear to be hidden?
Most people are unable to assess themselves accurately. They’re blind to what others can see. This is why it’s so helpful to work with a mentor or a coach. They can see what you don’t and bring it to your attention. They will easily spot the things about you that make you unique that you take for granted.
Your UMP is always something you are already doing, probably since you were very young that comes naturally and easily to you. And that is why you take it for granted and can never “find it.” It’s too obvious!
When things come naturally and easily to us we tend to enjoy doing them. It’s not a grind. We are just being ourselves.
Why should you want to find your Unique Moneymaking Proposition?
If you long to find work that truly fulfills you start by finding your UMP. When you identify what your good at and enjoy doing you’ll easily find the right work. This goes for anyone hoping to start their own business, or those of you in mid-life or nearing retirement looking for your second act.
So how do you find your Unique Moneymaking Proposition?
Your UMP is completely intertwined with your passion, purpose, mission, gifts, talents and blessings. There is a system to unearthing all six and identifying the common thread that runs through all of them. When they come together so does your unique moneymaking proposition along with doing work you love and living a life you love.
If you’re ready to find soul-satisfying work you love doing that comes easily to you and be paid well look no further than your UMP.
End the frustration of doing work that doesn’t fulfill you. Change your life quickly by finding your UMP with my Discover Your Purpose & Prosper program.
Are you in the wrong job, career or work? What are you experiencing? Share with us in the comments.
If you enjoyed this article share it with a friend on Twitter, FB or G+
P.S. – Is being unsure of your passion holding you back from creating a life you love? Click here.
Do you know the steps to making your dream a reality in your life?
Moving from a life you feel stuck and unhappy in to a life you love requires that you follow a system. You need a set of steps to shift your thinking from your old way of being to becoming a brand new person who can live this great dream you have inside.
Recently I wrote about 9 ways to recognize that your life is stuck and maybe you are stuck too. Being stuck is nothing to be ashamed of. We aren’t taught how to take a dream and make it into a reality.
Living a dream doesn’t have to be reserved for the lucky few.
Just because you weren’t taught how to take a great dream and pull it down from the land of possibility where it lives in your imagination into reality doesn’t mean that a solution doesn’t exist. There is a system to making your dreams a reality. The steps are tried and true and repeatable. You just need this recipe.
You already know that all the answers exist within. In fact, you have probably received the solution many times but you haven’t been receptive to it. Your intuition is always broadcasting to you. It’s the technology by which your Soul speaks to you. But when you’re stuck in a certain way of thinking your babbling monkey mind drowns out the whispers of your intuition and you don’t hear the solution that is being broadcast to you over and over.
Change your thinking
With your current inner programming you aren’t capable of seeing the solutions that are being broadcast to you. The answer is to change the way you are programmed and then you not only receive the answers but they appear as open doors for you to walk through in your life.
Changing your inner programming allows a curtain in your mind to go up and let’s you see all the solutions you’ve been searching for right there before you. Until you upgrade your thinking you will not see past the curtain.
Learning to be receptive to the solutions being broadcast to you is exactly what I wrote about in, “The Intuition Principle: How to Attract the Life You Dream Of.” The book is a recipe, a step by step method, which if followed changes you from the inside out and removes the curtain. Doing that allows you to “pull” your dreams right into your reality.
When I was stuck in a career that wasn’t me everyday I said a prayer, “Please God show me the way. Show me the path to free myself of this drudgery to live a life where I can truly express who I am meant to be.” I kept hoping the perfect job would appear.
The thing was my intuition had been broadcasting the answer to me for a long time but I was not ready to be receptive to it. The answer was not getting a different job. It was to go back to school, reinvent myself and transform my life.
I kept saying this prayer hoping that someone would offer me the perfect job. Whenever the thought crossed my mind about going back to school I glossed over it because it was too scary. How could I quit my job, I thought? How would I survive without a paycheck?
I didn’t know there was an actual system for transformation to follow that would allow me rise above my fears and bring my dreams into reality so I stayed stuck. I was going about it all wrong and wasting years of my life until I discovered the method purely by accident.
You know those few brave souls who’ve had the courage to jump from the edge of their old lives and lived to tell the tale of how making that leap brought their dreams into being? That was it! Until I said, “To hell with my fear,” and took this leap of faith nothing changed in my life.
The solution to living your dream is to start with the end result in mind and make that leap of faith no matter how scared you are. Focusing on the “how” is your fear talking and is what keeps you stuck.
Can you see how simple it is? Yet for many the breakthrough never occurs.
So stop focusing on all the “yukky” details and to start feeding the “yay!” of your dream of instead! Once you make a decision and take action all the details will fall into place.
Here are 5 tips for making your dream into a reality:
1. Get specific. Take out your journal and spend a morning writing out what your dream life looks like. Describe this life and everything in it so that if someone else read it they would be able to see it with crystal clarity too. Do not leave out any detail no matter how small you think it is. Block out this time and do not let anyone interrupt you. The process of writing it out in great detail will help you open up the space within for internal changes needed to organize your consciousness around this great new life you dream of.
1. Reprogram your thinking. Start with baby steps such as creating a masterful affirmation that inspires and motivates you. Here’s an example of what I used when I went back to school. “I am now so happy and grateful that I am a highly successful full time honors student majoring in writing, living comfortably and loving every minute of my college experience.”
2. Visualize your great goal. You’ve got to see it in your mind’s eye and feel that it is real deep down inside. Make time each day to close your eyes and actually live within this dream. You’ve got to allow yourself to get so revved up that your body releases the same chemicals it would release if you were really experiencing this great life you dream of.
3. Take action. Start right now! Think of what you can do right now, this minute, to move you toward your dream. It can be as simple as searching the Internet for the solution or picking up the phone and calling someone you met whom you think could point you in the right direction. But whatever you do don’t want another day.
4. Commit to make your dream a reality by a specific date. Take out the calendar and circle this date. When you have the end in mind you can then plan out the steps you need to take each and every day to get there. You must know where you are going and when you will arrive in order to create what you dream of. You want to live your dream now not, “whenever” right?
5. Live from your vision. This is the most important step. Constantly focus on the YAY not the YUK. What’s the YUK? It’s worrying about how it’s all going to get done.
Live and breath your vision every waking moment. Allow your vision to lift you up over the conditions of your life. When you are living from your vision you are living from possibility and have an expansive view of the landscape before you. From this high vantage point you don’t get stuck in small minded thinking that keeps most people reliving their same old lives day in and day out.
Are you ready to focus on the YAY to feed your dream what it needs to bring it into reality?
What’s your dream and what’s holding you back? Share with us in the comment section.
Did you enjoy this article? Share it with a friend on Twitter, G+ or Facebook.
P.S. Would you like to speak to me about your dream and what might be holding you back? Contact me for a life purpose session. Click here to email me.
Photo credit: © iko – Fotolia.com
Does your life feel chaotic?
Are you unsure of your direction and how to get back on track? You can find your true calling in the midst of chaos if you know where to look.
Sometimes the only way you wake up to what you are being called to do is when your life breaks down in chaos. Chaos eventually clears the way for change and the new growth that follows. It’s a sign that you are on the edge of a break through toward a new life so don’t give up!
A former colleague called to tell me that his life was in melt down. He recently changed careers to go into insurance sales. His call to me was to ask for introductions to some of my contacts that might be able to help him get a stable job with a salary.
Of course I picked up the phone right away. When you have to pay your rent – you have to pay your rent. As I began dialing someone I knew who might help I couldn’t help but think about how his panic could have been avoided.
The root of the chaos
Like most sales jobs he was lured by notion of flexible hours and the promise of earning big bucks.
While my friend had given his all to this new career it still wasn’t paying the bills. He was tired of hanging on in the hopes that it would turn around. Extending his time in the insurance industry to give it one more month to take off exhausted his savings and now he was going to have to borrow money to pay the rent. Plus, he felt like a failure for having to get a job.
Getting a job doesn’t mean he’s a failure in fact it might have been the answer all along. He just hadn’t been listening to his intuition, and now because he had ignored it for so long he was being forced to act swiftly. The truth is that he had wanted to throw in the towel months earlier but his embarrassment about giving up and the lure of that one big commission kept him hanging on.
His calling was in plain sight
My colleague had a long history in sales. He’d held sales positions in several different industries but none were the money makers he hoped for. Instead of finding something he loved to do he just kept trading one commissioned sales job for another.
What my friend loves about sales is the freedom to make his own schedule. He’s a people person and enjoys helping people plan their financial futures. Being a financial professional and advising clients makes him feel good. He found out he likes being “the expert!” He also thrives on networking and meeting new people and in fact is really, really good at this. People always like him right away. He was born to be in sales….the trouble is that deep down he isn’t comfortable being on commission only. He really longs for a stable income.
What if your true calling leads you to a JOB?
There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a job and working for someone else. This friend was feeling like a failure for having to get a job. What I saw when I went over his work history was a long list of marketable skills and licenses that could be applied to a wonderful job in a financial institution where he would earn a base salary plus commission. He would be able to come and go to visit clients, and that would give him the more flexible schedule he craved. I had no doubt that he would excel in this position.
How we sabotage our success
This friend believed that to give up and get a nine to five job was to fail yet he also had a belief that to be a 100 percent commissioned sales person was to “not have a stable income.” No wonder none of the previous sales jobs had yielded big money. How could he of succeeded when his beliefs were in direct opposition to one another? The result of these conflicting beliefs led to the chaos he how found himself in. Had he come to this realization much earlier he might not have gone through his savings. He obviously wasn’t listening to his his discontent and his longing for security.
What is the message of the chaos in your life?
Is it possible that you’re sabotaging yourself like my friend?
Maybe your dreams are on the opposite end of the spectrum? Do promotions elude you because deep down inside what you really want is to leave your job to be an entrepreneur or an artist or a writer? Do you yearn to free yourself from the corporate model of trading your time for money? Do you desire a quieter life with less stress. Wherever you find inner turmoil and chaos is where you’ll find the answer to your calling. You only have to look and listen.
Listen to your inner voice – the voice of your intuition
What are you most unhappy about? This is your discontent speaking. It is a facet of your intuition. Your intuition speaks through your feelings. Unhappiness is a feeling worth examining. My friend was never happy being on commission only. In truth it scared him.
What do you long for? Your longings are also part of how your intuition communicates with you. A repeated pull toward something means that there is a part of you that wants this. It’s your calling and you are being called/pulled toward it. My friend had a longing to be viewed as an expert and a financial professional but in a salaried position.
How to find your calling in the midst of your chaos:
1. Get clear on your values in regard to your calling. Once you identify your values the rest of this exercise will be much easier. What do you value most? Creative expression? Freedom? Financial security? Status? Contribution? Being of service? Recognition? These are just a few examples. Make your own list of your top three values and rank them in order of importance. For example my friend values financial security, status and being of service.
2. Find the repeating themes. What theme underlies the current chaotic situation? It’s likely to be on that you’ve encountered before. For example, my friend always took sales positions but never made enough money. For him the lack of financial abundance was a repeating theme because he didn’t believe commission based jobs would result in a stable income. This is his belief so that is what he experienced.
3. Pay attention to your discontent. What are you unhappy about. What do you complain about most? This is a big clue to what needs changing in your life. If you don’t know ask a friend who knows you well what they see as the source of your greatest discontent. For my friend who was on a commission only track it was the lack of a stable income.
4. What do you long for? There is something in you that longs for expression. What is it? For my friend it is his passion and need to be seen as an expert financial adviser. This is the key to your calling. If you think about it you will find that it has been there all along.
5. Give yourself permission to change course. Just because you set out on one direction earlier in your life doesn’t mean that you have to stick to it until you die. You can change direction. My friend never wanted a nine to five job. He believed that to take one was to give up but when he allowed himself to think about it he saw that it was actually the right answer for him.
Are you searching for your calling? Perhaps it’s right in front of you too? What do your longings and discontent tell you?
If you enjoyed this article why not share it with a friend? Thank you.
P.S. Tune into your intuition and let it guide you to finding your calling. Click here.
Need my help in figuring out what your calling is? Contact me for a life purpose consult. It’s easy!
Photo credit: © Sanjay Deva – Fotolia.com