Do you ever feel uncertain and indecisive?
Take this short quiz:
Do any of these statements ring true for you?
1. Do you feel unsure when you have to make a decision?
2. Do you look to what other people are doing to help you make your decision?
3. Do you often feel unclear about whether you can trust your own instincts or inner guidance?
4. Do you procrastinate because you can’t come to a decision?
5. Do you frequently ask many people their opinions before you feel confident making your decision?
6. Do you believe you’re just not good at making decisions?
If 3 or more of these statements rang true for you than experiencing uncertainty around making decisions is something you need to address.
How to Overcome Uncertainty and Indecisiveness
Uncertainty around making decisions is really a fear of making a mistake.
This probably stems from a decision you made that was wrong that had tremendous consequences on your life. You might also have been scolded, punished or shamed because of a decision you made.Think back over your life, did an authority figure ever make you feel bad about a decision? Did something happen at school or with a sibling where you were made fun of? Was there a defining moment in your life when a big decision you made went horribly wrong? Any of these reasons could have left you with a deep wound and fear around making the wrong decision.
One of the worst effects of being so deeply wounded around your decision-making ability is the lack of self-trust that the incident instills. It’s this lack of self-trust and the resulting questioning of your instincts that leads many creatives, intuitives, sensitives, and heart-centered entrepreneurs on a journey of discovering how to turn up the volume of their intuition. We want reliable guidance to be sure we make the right decisions and to avoid problems in our lives and so, we embark on a journey to develop our intuition. And we all have a sense of intuition primarily for one reason – to keep us safe and help us navigate our lives.
When something traumatic happens in our lives that disconnects us from trusting ourselves and this voice within, our whole life suffers. Losing trust in our judgement makes us feel completely insecure and vulnerable. We lack the confidence to take action and our life stagnates. When we have the inner confidence to make quick accurate decisions we are more apt to take action. When we take action and things turn out well we develop a greater sense of confidence ourselves and in our intuition.
This is the secret of how to conquer uncertainty, doubt and fear around making decisions. The answer is to focus on developing your intuition. When you’re able to hear your intuition loud and clear you’ll finally kick that uncertainly to the curb for good. After you begin making good decision by following your intuition a number of times your self-confidence will improve tremendously. When you’re confident you’re uncertainty will disappear.
Follow these 5 Steps to turn up the volume of your intuition and conquer your uncertainty for good.
- Make time for quiet reflection each day. Go within, get quiet and listen to learn how to discern your intuition from your other thoughts.
- Go for a walk in nature. Listen to the natural sounds rather than music. Allow Nature’s soothing sounds to quiet your mind. A quiet mind allows your intuition to stand out so you can hear it.
- Write out your concerns in a journal. What’s troubling you about the decision you’re grappling with? What’s your desired outcome? Many time when we relax and get into the flow of writing the right answer comes to us.
- Ask your higher self to bring you the answer to “What can I do to ensure that this turns out positively for me and all concerned?” Let go and allow ideas to bubble up naturally during the course of the day. Be sure to write down any that inspire you.
- Write out your question on a note pad before going to sleep. Ask your higher self to work on this problem and bring you an answer in a dream. Be sure you write down any dreams you so you don’t forget them. Memories of dreams are notorious for slipping away very fast! Analyze it and you’ll see that the dream will contain the answer you’re looking for.
Once you learn how to listen and follow your intuition your uncertainty around trusting yourself to make decisions will become a thing of the past.
Ready to Develop Your Intuition? Join the Powered by Intuition Inner Circle – here!
If you enjoyed this article please share it with a friend on FB, Twitter or G+. Thank you – thank you!
P.S. Learn to hear your intuition: Click here.