Trying to grow your list?
I have a great tip on how to grow your list easily with qualified leads using quizzes. I created a quiz using the InterAct Quiz application. Interact makes it simple to create a quiz with their preset templates. All you need to do is formulate your questions and then choose the images to go along with them. It’s fast, easy and fun too!
And people love quizzes. Have you noticed all the quizzes on Facebook? Advertisers of all kinds from internet marketers, gurus like Tony Robbins and bloggers are using quizzes to attract qualified leads to grow their lists.
When people see a catchy headline on a quiz that promises to teach them something about themselves they simply cannot resist taking it, especially if it’s free. Think of how many times you’ve purchased a magazine at the grocery check-out just because there was an intriguing quiz on the cover.
The quiz I created using InterAct’s easy quiz template is: How Much Do You Really Trust Your Intuition. You can check it out here. It’s been performing well to bring in new subscribers with very little effort on my part. I created it just over three weeks ago and the organic traffic coming to my site from it is steadily increasing. In fact, 100 new subscribers have opted in to my list just from my sharing the quiz on Twitter and Facebook. That may not sound like a lot of people but that’s without doing any paid advertising!
My next step will be to share the quiz in a promoted post on FB and Twitter. Judging by how well the quiz is performing without spending a cent I’m excited about the prospects of how well it will do with advertising to bring in new subscribers.
If you’re trying to find a way to attract qualified leads to grow your list don’t hesitate to try InterAct Quizzes! Check them out here.
Photo: Fotolia © ra2
Do you struggle when it comes to making hard decisions in your life?
Bill Gates once said, “Often you must rely on intuition.” I can understand why Gates said this. If you’re trying to make a hard decision too much information can paralyze your ability to make it. When there’s a mountain of never-ending data pouring in that can change quickly using your intuition to make the final call makes perfect sense. At some point you have to decide “to decide” and stop asking for more and more information, stop analyzing and stop reviewing the bottom line. You’ve got to pull the trigger and say, “Go!” And that’s exactly what a good decision-maker will do.
The elegance of intuition
Intuition is like a shortcut through the mountain so you don’t have to go all the way around it. And this is the elegance of intuition. By definition it’s defined as a grasping of the whole at once. When you have reached the point where more data and analysis confuses you that is the time to tap into your intuition and let it “sift” through all that data and spit out the answer. Often you already “know” what the right thing to do is but you ignore it and keep looking for more validation via information instead.
Becoming a great decision maker
A great decision maker will use reason and logic to consider all the information plus their sense of “inner knowing.” When their “inner knowing” concurs the decision will be made. An insecure decision maker will keep asking for more information because they never get that concurring sense of “inner knowing” or if they do, they don’t trust it. Their drive for more information and certainty will cause them to put off the decision and miss opportunities.
Greatness is having that inner knowing, trusting it, making a decision based upon it and then taking action on it without hesitating. This doesn’t mean that a great decision maker will never fail at one time or another but in general making decisions and taking action more often ensures you will make greater strides in your life toward achieving your goals. The ability to make decisions despite uncertainty is what separates the good from the great.
Stop chasing certainty
Nothing in life is 100 percent certain. Life is risky and anything can go wrong. The more comfortable you become with taking risks despite the uncertainty you feel the greater strides you’ll make and the more successful you’ll be. And the more you learn to tap into your intuition the better decision maker you’ll become.
“Intuition becomes increasingly valuable in the new information society precisely because there is so much data.” —John Naisbitt
Intuition is a sense that’s available to us, in addition to the five physical senses we normally use to navigate our lives. We can pump-up our intuition and learn to rely on it more if we choose to. We can listen to our heart, follow our excitement, heed our gut and be pulled by our passion. It just takes an intention to do so, focus and consistent practice; consistent practice being the key point. You can’t try to tune into your intuition one time and think, “It didn’t work for me,” just like you can’t lift a weight once at the gym and say that didn’t work to make you a buff god or goddess either.
The pesky little problem with intuition and decision making…
That said, there’s a problem I see with attuning to your intuition. The problem is that intuition is based on “feelings and trust.” Intuition calls for tuning into feelings of “inner knowing,” or “certainty.” Most people are so distracted that they have difficulty tuning into their “feelings” let alone trusting them! This is a definite problem when it comes to intuitive decision making.
And I know this because the top question I’ve received from readers over the seven years since I started Powered by Intuition has been, “How can I trust my intuition and know it’s not just wishful thinking?” Sometimes it’s pretty tricky to know the difference and you will make a wrong decision because of it. If you can discipline yourself to “go within” on a daily basis you can overcome the distractions and tune into your feelings more directly but the problem of feeling uncertain and not feeling confident enough to trust your intuition may still derail you. And then, there’s the lingering problem of attachment to the outcome. Many times the inaccuracy with your intuition comes from your attachment to the outcome. When you’re fixated on a particular outcome you can easily be misled.
Detachment is key
Intuition is much more accurate when you’re detached from the results. But that leads us to the next problem which is how to be detached from the results of your decisions? It’s much easier said than done especially when there’s a lot riding on the decision. If your decision is a life or death decision or can bankrupt you if you choose incorrectly you’re going to have a difficult time staying detached.
How to reconcile the dilemma of intuition and uncertainty in decision-making
The way to reconcile this dilemma is to verify your intuitive feelings, instincts and hunches with a process that ensures detachment from the outcome and validates the correct decision.
3 Step Verification Process to be certain your decisions are correct:
- Research the data about the problem you want to solve and review it. Do the research and analyze it and come to a decision. If you’re having trouble feeling certain about your decision choose the best logical option and move forward. The longer you delay making a decision the more chance you have of being “late to the party” and missing the window of opportunity. You’ve got to build your decision making muscle!
- Formulate your conclusion. Next, hand it off to your intuition to see if you get the “go” signal. You may feel the matter is “settled” or a have a calm certainty about it. If you still feel unsure and have the urge to ask other people for their opinion or constantly change your mind and vacillate between one decision or another the next step is a must for you.
- The last step is to use an intuitive verification process. The entire problem of not feeling sure of your intuitive feelings or whether you’re making the decision based on wishful thinking can be overcome with this process because the process itself ensures objectivity and detachment.
What is Intuitive Verification™?
Intuitive Verification™ is a process using the language of archetypes and symbolism to verify or disqualify the decision you’ve chosen before taking action upon it.
There is no better way to feel certain about a decision than to use the intuitive verification process because “seeing is believing.” This process works for any decision but it’s particularly well suited to major life decisions where there is a lot at stake. It’s best used for thoughtful decisions that are being made for the long term so, for this reason it’s a natural fit for entrepreneurs, business-owners and executives who need answers.
I’ve been using this process and it works extremely well to give you concrete answers that you can rely upon without second guessing yourself. With the practice of Intuitive Verification™ you’ll become more intuitive and a better decision-maker and it will also enhance your creativity and problem-solving skills.
Interested in learning more about the Intuitive Verification™ process?
Join the Powered by Intuition Community and subscribe to the newsletter to receive special offers not available to the general public. I am offering personal 1:1 training on the “intuitive verification process” to Powered by Intuition subscribers. The offer will not be on the blog you must sign up below.
If you enjoyed this post share it with a friend on Twitter, FB or G+. Thanks!
Photo credit: © konradbak – Fotolia.com
How to raise your fees with past clients
Thank you T.D. from Reno, NV for sending in this great question: How do I increase my prices so that I am only working with ideal clients and no longer tolerating non-ideal clients at “grandfathered in rates?” (If you’d like to ask a question subscribe: here.)
This is a dilemma that surfaces after we’ve been in business for several years. When we start our business not only are our rates lower but we don’t have as much as experience or as many customers so we keep our rates low to hang onto the customers we do have. Initially we may also make exceptions and do a lot of customizing for our early customers that we no longer have the luxury of doing as our business grows.
When the business grows and we are more in demand because of our expertise and the results we deliver, the cost for our time rises and that’s only natural. The problem comes when we’ve kept our old clients at the lower rate for far too long and now we’re in a pickle; how do we tell them we’re no longer available at that rate?
Here’s how to handle raising your prices for a past client:
Contact the client either in writing or by phone. You can send an email that says you’d like to speak with them about something and then schedule a time to talk or send a version of what I’ve written below. I think it’s best to speak to them directly if this is ongoing work you do for them.
“I want you to know how much I appreciate you and your business these last X years. I’m so glad I’ve been able to help you get XYZ (insert the amazing results you deliver) for your business too. It’s such a joy having a birds-eye view of your success and growth!
You may not be aware but my fees have gone up since I started my business in XX/XXXX (insert the date). I am now charging $XXXXX.00 for my (services/program/per hour). I know this may be large jump in pricing for you so I wanted to let you know and do something special for you too. I’d like to offer you my (services/program/per hour) at only a half increase between what you’re currently paying and what my fees are for the next round of my (services/program/per hour). After that it will go to current pricing.
I want to keep delivering great service and (XYZ) results for you and keeping my prices current allows me to do that. Please feel free to ask me any questions you have about this and I’ll be glad to reply.”
You could also tell the past client that you’re no longer working on an hourly rate, if that’s the case. Tell them you’re now only taking on “project work,” meaning it’s based on delivering a specific end result. Tell the past client that your business model has changed and that going forward you offer the following menu of project work services at these prices. Offer to give them their next “project” at a one time discount that is greater than what they’re paying now but less than the full price of the project work.” Remind them that after this all project work will be at your current prices.
People do pick up on our feelings
The worst feeling in the world is to be resentful of a client because you’re not being paid what you’re worth. Even if you don’t say a word they will sense it. Emotions have an energetic signature that people pick up on. Holding back from being forthright about your fees because you feel uncomfortable sets the energetic tone for all transactions in your business. It communicates an underlying hesitancy that you might not believe you’re worth what you’re charging. Stating your fees with full confidence is how you will attract future ideal clients. Pull the band-aid off quickly and do this. It’s time.
If this is a client you no longer wish to work with it may work out for the best if they decide to discontinue using your services. But either way you do yourself a disservice by charging too little for your services. When you’re charging all your clients what feels right you will attract your ideal customers who will see your worth and value. The best experience for both ourselves and customers comes from feeling joyful doing our work!
Have you ever had to raise your fees with your past clients? How did you approach it? What was the result?
If you enjoyed this article share it with a friend on FB, LinkedIn or Twitter.
P.S. Have a question you want answered? Join the PBI community – here.
Photo credit: Fotolia ©Andre Rodriguez
What does being “Powered by Intuition” mean?
To be “Powered by Intuition” is to be empowered by the faith and confidence you have in that small still voice. It means you trust yourself enough to follow this wisdom and to make decisions and take action based upon it. It shows you have developed confidence in yourself and are moving toward self-actualization. To be self-actualized means you are expressing your full potential.
Seven benefits of living life “Powered by Intuition”
To reach the point in your life where you focus on self-actualization suggests that you have learned a lot about life and yourself. You’ve faced many challenges and grown and evolved because of them. Now you know who you are, what you’re capable of and what you are meant to do and you’re doing it. You are expressing your full potential creatively and spiritually. Listening to your intuition expands your consciousness and this awareness and “knowing of yourself” is what leads to self-actualization.
2. No predictions necessary
To live “Powered by Intuition” doesn’t mean you will know what’s going to happen tomorrow. Developing your intuition isn’t about fortune-telling. It’s about developing greater awareness of that small still voice inside and focusing upon hearing it so that you are led in the right direction and make right decisions with confidence. Following the direction of your intuition will lead you to your destiny and full actualization of your potential.
3. Intuition is the intersection of creativity and genius
Human beings are not the generators of inspired thoughts of genius but the recipients of this illumination. Inspired thoughts of genius come to us from an Infinite Intelligence that we are part and parcel of, through the technology of our intuition. This is precisely why at a given time a number of people will be inspired with a similar idea. The one who has the courage and confidence to act upon it first is usually credited with the origination of the idea.
4. Live on-purpose
When you are “Powered by Intuition” you are living on-purpose. Following your intuition is how you find your purpose and pursuing this path is how you evolve into your full potential and greatness. It takes courage and confidence to listen to that small still voice and act upon it. As you make more decisions based on following your intuition and get good results your confidence in yourself will grow.
5. Manifesting of desires
Once you begin to live “Powered by Intuition” you find that your desires manifest more quickly, and sometimes even spontaneously. Listening to your intuition will always put you on the right path to discovering your purpose and your greatest good. And, it’s the reason why we don’t need to know what is going to happen tomorrow. Your connection to your intuition is a two-way channel to Infinite Intelligence. Your intention is broadcast directly to Infinite Intelligence where circumstances can be orchestrated by Infinite Intelligence to manifest your desire.
6. Synchronicity & Serendipity
Synchronicity and serendipity occur when you follow your intuition. When you are receiving guidance and following it you will begin to notice many more “coincidences” and happy accidents popping up in your life. It’s a sign that you’re on the right path and that you’ve been listening to your intuition.
7. Life is more exciting when you are intuitively inspired
When you are Powered by Intuition you have more knowledge and power at your disposal. And it can be directed to any area of life. You can listen to your intuition to improve your health, relationships, finances, career and spiritual growth. Listening to this guidance you will be intuitively inspired to do things you’ve never done before, go places you’ve never gone before and to meet up with a destiny greater than any you ever thought yourself capable of before. This is the most exciting way you can live your life.
Where intuition has led me
This guidance has led me to focus on helping intuitive, holistic entrepreneurs be confident selling their programs and services. Having worked in financial sales for 25+ years I was lucky to have had a background in sales before I began my own business. But, many intuitive holistic entrepreneurs and healers feel very uncomfortable when they have to “sell” and as a result don’t have enough clients. There’s nothing worse than having a a big mission to help people but not having the clients to share your gift with. I’m passionate about empowering them with the sales skills and the confidence to make a bigger impact by serving more people. What I have learned is that when you get past your blocks selling is intuitive.
Why Business and Intuition Go Together
Building a solopreneur business is a huge journey of self-growth and personal development. Every fear, insecurity and negative belief you have about yourself surfaces when you leave the comfort zone of your salaried job. It takes a lot of confidence and self-belief to make it. Shining the light on entrepreneurism and the importance of developing intuition is the next evolution of Powered by Intuition.
To be a successful entrepreneur you must have business intuition and follow it otherwise you will end up doing things you hate because some guru says you must do it this way. You’ve got to be able to listen to that small still voice that says, “Do this and let go of that” even if you fear missing out by letting something go. When you listen to your intuition you will stand out in the market place because you will have the benefit of receiving more creative solutions and genius ideas. Confidence is also at the center point of attracting clients too. If you don’t have it it’s much harder to fill your practice. Watch this space for more articles on Intuition, Entrepreneurism and Business Building.
If you enjoyed this article please share it with a friend on Twitter, FB or Google+
P.S. Learn how to tap into your intuition: Here
Photo: Fotolia © Subbotina Anna
The path to successful entrepreneurship is not a straight road. It’s strewn with failed business ideas cast out to make room for new inspiration and innovation. It’s also a road that loops backward at times. Entrepreneurship is a journey and although the path is different for every entrepreneur there is one thing all successful entrepreneurs have in common; they stick with it. They have a fire burning inside that drives them to keep going despite the challenges.
The path is also paved with personal growth. You cannot fail to grow in your journey to becoming a successful entrepreneur. You will think you’ve latched on to the most marvelous idea and then months or perhaps years later find yourself losing interest and decide to move onto another venture. You mustn’t feel like a quitter – this is normal! To grow your business you must grow as well and that means letting go of old outworn versions of your business.
There’s also no map to follow to get to your destination in entrepreneurship and that’s why it stretches your intuitive muscle. The process aside from a some basic business knowledge is completely intuitive. Yes, you must have a service or program to sell. Yes, you must know who your audience is, how to find them and how market and sell it but, aside from that your gut is your best guide. Even Bill Gates has said of his own journey, “Often you have to rely on intuition.”
The path to entrepreneurship has many twists and turns. I began by offering services locally through word of mouth. I gave private intuitive readings and taught workshops in my home on creative visualization, law of attraction, success principles and meditation and made little to no money doing this but I didn’t care. I was learning.
When I was ready to spread my wings and reach more people I started a website and began building an audience to publicize my book. I continued to offer readings while I wrote more books on developing intuition and meditation and created products such as guided meditation albums and abundance training courses. This is when I finally began to see some monetary gains but not enough to leave the corporate world.
Later I created a program based on my book (The Intuition Principle) to teach students how to listen to their intuition and find their right path and right purpose in life. Once the course launched I was finally able to leave my job and my income started to grow. After offering the course though I felt I wasn’t finished yet, that there was still more I had to offer. I realized that I also wanted to teach entrepreneurs how to build a business. I created a course to show them how to attract clients and build a sustainable business. And then my practice evolved again when it finally dawned on me that I wanted to teach entrepreneurs how to overcome their fear of selling themselves, their services and programs based on my own successful experience in financial sales. Now, that I have a clear vision for my business I feel ready for the next chapter of growth – which is sure to come!
The journey is as unique as you are
We start our journey toward having our own business thinking we’re going to do one thing and we end up doing another. If you expect that your business will change and evolve and keep going eventually you will end up with a successful business you love. The trick is not to give up or give into the negative voices in your head telling you that you’re doing it wrong or that you’re never going to be a success. You must listen to the voice of your own inner wisdom, your intuition and you will get there.
Here’s a list of the top 15 tips on your intuitive journey to successful entrepreneurship:
- Accept that fear is going to accompany you on this journey. We will never completely banish fear in fact we need to have some fear in order to not do foolish things. But, fear doesn’t have to paralyze you. Feel the fear and step out of your comfort zone anyway. As you grow you’ll let go of old fears and new ones will crop up as you face new challenges.
- Be disciplined, create goals and have a good work ethic. Have goals and then work diligently toward achieving them. Do the things you would rather put off first, so that you can feel good about having done them. Write down your goals and review them often. If you don’t achieve one analyze it and look for where you could have course corrected. This is how you’ll learn and do it better next time.
- Keep moving forward and be decisive. Don’t let days go by when you do nothing waiting to decide. Days turn into weeks and weeks into months and before you know it you’ll have made no progress and you will give up. Don’t make this mistake. Make a decision and do something no matter how small every day. Decide that you won’t wait for the inspiration to do things – decide to them or you might be waiting a long time. When you keep moving there’s more of a chance of bumping into your good.
- Listen to that intuitive voice inside. Your intuition will inspire you with actionable ideas every day if you get into the habit of listening. Your business intuition enhances your success and says things like, “Email this person” or “Go to this event” or “Call so and so today and ask if they have any advice for you.” Do it. This is how those amazing coincidences occur that open incredible doors for you.
- Stay curious and open to creative new ideas. You do not have to stick with the first idea or version of your business. Allow your curiosity to lead you to research and investigate new ideas. If you’re more open and don’t think you know everything already you’ll always have a fresh supply of creativity at your fingertips.
- Expect to make mistakes. You are going to be wrong and that’s okay. As long as you expect it and then pick yourself right back up it’s nothing more than education on your journey of personal growth through business ownership. Edison said, “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that do not work.”
- Banish perfectionism! You don’t have to be perfect so don’t strive for it. Getting things done and making continued progress is way better than trying to do things perfectly.
- Stop worrying what other people think of you. Dr. Wayne Dyer said, “What other people think of me is none of my business.” You can’t live your life worrying that people will think you’re crazy for doing what you’re doing or that you can’t do something ’cause someone else is doing it or it’s been done. Your opinion of yourself is the one that counts, plus no one can ever do things like you. You are unique and you’ll have your own twist on it.
- Do not compare yourself to others. This is the way many entrepreneurs knock themselves out of the game. They look at others and think they’re not good enough or making enough progress and they start to get down on themselves. There’s nothing good to be gained from the comparison game. It will sabotage you and stunt your business growth.
- Stay motivated and keep your spirits high. Rome wasn’t built in a day neither will your business. Read uplifting books. Don’t let yourself fall into feeling down about yourself ’cause it’s not happening fast enough. Yes, it’s hard to stay motivated when the money isn’t coming but if you keep moving forward you will get there.
- Chunk down projects into smaller tasks. Don’t make a huge list with gigantic accomplishments on it like, “Get to 10,000 subscribers” when you only have 500 people on your list. Tasks should be doable and not place undue stress on you. When you don’t take small steps and expect to leap yards in a day – you will feel let down when you don’t and then you might give up.
- Do go back to the drawing board. Going back to the drawing board isn’t a failure it’s how you evolve as an entrepreneur. Expect that you’re going to change and switch lanes ’cause you will. This way when you do you’ll only see it as your business becoming more laser focused on what’s perfectly suited to you – that’s all.
- Make building your business into a fun game. Don’t take it so seriously. Think of yourself as the hero in your game and your challenges as the arch rivals you have to defeat. Turning challenges into fun games has been shown to reduce stress and increase creative thinking! Having fun is actually good for you and your business.
- Celebrate your wins and reward your self. When you accomplish something don’t just say, “next!” Tell yourself that when you reach a certain goal you’re going to reward yourself. Think about what you went through and celebrate it. You deserve to recognize you. Don’t just give yourself lip service!
- Learn to say, “So what?” The most successful people learn how to let so called “rejection and failure” roll off their backs. You must do the same. Not everyone will like you nor will you succeed every time. The problem with most people is that they give up too soon. Don’t be one of those.
Getting to success as an entrepreneur is all about making the right decisions along the way and that requires the ability to trust yourself and your intuition. If you take these 15 tips to heart and keep going even when it’s tough you’ll get there. What are your tips on the successful path to entrepreneurship? Share them with us in the comments.
If you enjoyed this article share it with a friend on Twitter, FB or Google+. Thanks!
Download my new book, “Less Worry, More Clients, More Money” here.
#WSATV Helping to get the word out about talented entrepreneurs
I had the pleasure of being interviewed on WSA TV by host Laura Rubinstein, along with two amazing women leaders. The Women Speakers Association is a great collective of talented women entrepreneurs who want to get their message out via speaking. The WSA offers many ways to interact with their membership from a very engaging Facebook page to Twitter chats and interviews on WSA TV such as this one.
I spoke about how I help entrepreneurs embrace sales even when that’s the least favorite part of their business. The truth is you can have the most unbelievable program that really changes lives but, if you can’t overcome your fear and anxiety around sales you won’t make the impact or income you went into business to make. Learn more here.
The two women entrepreneurs whom I shared this interview with were Sarah A Davis and Janice Goldman.
Sarah is a certified spiritual life coach and helps at-risk women get through challenging times in their lives such as sexual assault, loss and homelessness. She wants them to know that you can go from being broken to being whole and happy again. You can reach Sarah on Twitter here.
Janice is the author of, “Let’s Talk About Money.” Janice works women who have survived personal setbacks such as divorce, widowhood, illness, or disability. Her mission is to help women survive these setbacks and also help them embrace their financial and life goals and dreams. You can reach Janice here.
Both Sarah and Janice survived unbelievable challenges of their own which ultimately led them to their current expertise. Watch the interview to hear their amazing stories – click here.
Laura Rubinstein is the producer and host of WSA TV. She’s also a digital marketing strategist. To get in touch with Laura Rubinstein – click here.
To join or learn more about the Women Speakers Association – click here.
Feel free to ask any questions you have in the comments about the WSA or #WSATV and I’ll do my best to answer them.
If you enjoyed this article please share with a friend on Twitter, FB or Google+. Thank you!
P.S. Overcome the anxiety and discomfort you have around selling your programs: here