Intuition & Following the Signs to Your Next Chapter
Are you ready for your next chapter in 2015?
Did your next chapter unfold elegantly or did it whack you upside the head like it did me?
When your next chapter unfolds elegantly it means that you have been listening to your intuition and taking the right steps. It shows that you’ve not been resistant to the messages and signs you’ve been getting. You know what you’re next steps are and regardless of whether they’re difficult or stretch you beyond you’re comfort zone you’ve been taking them.
If you became aware of your next chapter like I did – with a punch in the gut – it shows you’ve been ignoring the signs your intuition has been desperately trying to make you aware of.
Can you relate to my story?
Near the end of 2013 I vowed that I would finally quit my job in financial sales in 2014 or die trying. (Yes, I actually said that to myself…..I’m really passionate when I want something). So I jumped into training after training…I became a coach and took numerous marketing, copy writing, lead generation and advertising courses to ensure that I would make a living. I quadrupled my subscribers and replaced my work income plus more….and I quit! Mission accomplished. Yay!
Ignoring Your Intuition is Foolish
Here’s where the story goes awry…as 2014 drew to a close I was exhausted. I had been working seven days a week for 10-12 hours each day to accomplish everything I set out to do. I worked this many hours in order to keep up with all the courses and homework and to apply the lessons I was learning to my business.
Around Halloween I was out taking a walk when I noticed that I had been repeating the phrase, “Give me a break” in my self-talk.
Knowing that everything we think and feel emotionally is telegraphed to the Universe I immediately went into course correction mode and restated: Dear Universe, I don’t mean that I want anything “broken” in my life I mean that I’d like a vacation and a rest and to stop working so hard.
I thought, that’s that. I’ve handled things with Universe.
The problem though is that I did NOT take a vacation even though my body and mind were screaming for one.
I kept working and dragging myself through each day in order to keep up. (I had been teaching people to find their life’s purpose by following their intuition. After finding their purpose many wanted to create an intuitive business or healing practice around it so, I began teaching entrepreneurs to use marketing and lead generation to get more clients.)
When someone asks for my help I have a hard time saying “No,” even when I’m overburdened.
By the time Thanksgiving arrived I was not feeling well at all. No matter how much sleep I got I always looked haggard.
The Universe was no longer playing with me. I had ignored the telltale signs for too long.
How the Universe Whacked Me Into Waking Up
- My body became the means for the Universe to give me a huge wake up call. I got diverticulitus a painful condition of the lower intestine that lasted for nearly two weeks but I still kept working.
- My 17+ year old cat, Punkin, stopped grooming himself. He had always sat on my lap when I worked on the computer but now he would only lay on the floor next to my chair.
- My computer accumulated a series of viruses that became so bad I had to replace the hard drive and lost the use of it for nearly 10 days.
- Right before Christmas I drove Punkin to my veterinarian’s office crying the whole way there. It nearly killed me to do it but, I had to release him from his misery.
Don’t ask the Universe for a Break unless you’re ready to take one!
As I drove home with the empty carrier on the passenger seat I realized Punkin’s downward health spiral was a mirror of what had been happening to me over the last year that I’d chosen to ignore.
The Universe had stepped in to create the break I desperately needed because I refused to do it on my own.
For good measure, the Universe threw in a dose of the flu right after Christmas.
The Universe is always sending you signs
When you refuse to listen to your intuition and follow the signs the Universe will whack you on the head like it did me. I knew I was overtired and needed to rest but my need to accomplish everything on my “to-do list” caused me to resist the message.
The events of your life always mirror what is happening within you. If you look with an open mind you will see the signs everywhere.
What is your life trying to teach you? What lesson must you learn? How can you address the signs early on so that you don’t get whacked in the head?
Your Next Chapter
What messages is your intuition sending you about your next chapter? What must come to and end? What is your next step? Is it time to release unhealthy habits, relationships or a career that no longer suits you? Is your intuition whispering to you that it’s time to step out and create your own business?
My intuition has spoken and I’m listening. My next chapter is to find a balance between doing the work I’m passionate about and rest. I love sharing information on following your intuition and I also love helping heart-centered entrepreneurs create profitable businesses around their passion but I realize I must make more time for my own self-care in 2015.
If you yearn to develop your intuition there is no better class than life itself! Your intuition is a sense just like the other five senses you have. You must learn how to rely upon it to navigate your life just as surely as you use your sight, hearing, touch, taste and sense of smell. When you listen it will always, always lead you in the right direction.
How to use your intuition to lead you to your next chapter:
1. Pay attention to the whispers in the back of your mind. What are you being called to do? What are you being pulled toward? What are you being pushed away from?
2. Ask yourself if you have been purposely ignoring addressing certain things in your life. What do you have resistance around?
3. Get clarity. Go for a long walk in nature. If you meditate go within and listen. When your mind is quiet you will hear the whispers of your intuition.
4. Set your alarm an hour earlier and get up and journal. Start with this prompt: My next chapter is about…..keep writing until you feel you’ve emptied your mind onto the page.
5. Go to your closest friend and share what you came up with in journaling about your next chapter. Ask them if they feel you’re on target. Sometimes you need an outside opinion to confirm you’re on the right path.
2015 is here and it’s a blank slate. How will you fill it? Share your next chapter here in the comments.
If you enjoyed this article please share it with a friend on Twitter, FB or Google+.
P.S. Learn to hear your intuition more loudly: Click here
Photo Credit: © edwardderule – Fotolia.com
- Intuition, Intention & Creating an Extraordinary New Year (poweredbyintuition.com)
- Getting to Goal: A Message for Those Who Have a Big Dream (poweredbyintuition.com)
- Follow Your Intuition to a Life You Love (poweredbyintuition.com)
Powered by Facebook Comments