As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he. –Proverbs 23:7
Why aren’t you getting the abundance you want in life?
Have you been repeating affirmations and visualizing your abundance, to no avail?
So many of us struggle with getting what we want in our lives.
Most people want the same things; great health, loving relationships, spiritual growth, a satisfying career and stable finances.
None of these desires are unachievable or extraordinary in any way so, why do so many people try over and over and get no where?
I get email every day asking for answers to: “Why am I not getting what I want in my life?
This is what motivated me to start the Create Your Abundance Now! workshop series. I want to share what I’ve learned through my research and using my own life as a laboratory for the last three decades, and see you create the abundance and life you desire.
When the film, “The Secret,” came out in 2006 I was glad to see the teaching that, we create our reality with our thoughts going mainstream. What I was unhappy about was that it focused only on one spiritual principle, “the law of attraction,” to the exclusion of all the others.
There are numerous universal principles and sub-principles whose numbers change according to who you read. After years of searching through many confusing and arcane texts I found Raymond Holliwell, author of the 1939 classic, “Working With the Law: 11 Truth Principles for Successful Living. ”
Holliwel’s book clearly explains the other universal principles aside from the law of attraction, and how you create what you experience in life. I recommend it.
Here are the 6 most common reasons you don’t manifest what you want in life:
1. Unclear about what you want. If you are not clear, always changing your mind or choose something because you believe it is the “right thing” rather than what your heart desires, your ability to manifest will be handicapped.
The antidote: Become crystal clear about what you want. Write down your goal and describe it. Know what your life will look like and what you feel like when you manifest your desire. Do not be ashamed of what you want and substitute something else because you feel embarrassed.
2. Unresolved emotional issues. If you haven’t worked on self-love issues such as unworthiness and not feeling “good enough” they will undermine your ability to manifest. My friend Evelyn Lim has written an excellent book, Self-Love Secrets: How to Love Yourself Uncondtionally, that I highly recommend.
The antidote: Do some work on yourself to uncover the negative messages you absorbed when you were in your formative years and release them. Emotional catches are like splinters sticking out of the paneling that pull your sweater when you walk by. How can you feel good when you’re constantly being “pulled” like this? When you feel bad you will not resonate to the good you desire. You’ve got to “feel good” about yourself to manifest your good.
3. Fears. If you fear change, being in the spot-light by becoming success or the shame of failure this too will hold you back from achieving your goals.
The Antidote: Embrace change. Often change is brought about by problems. When we face the problem and overcome it we grow more confident in our ability to deal with challenges. The confidence that comes with experience is also how we overcome fear of failure and success. You have to fail once in a while to not only learn what works but, to know that it is not the end of the world.
4. False beliefs. If you believe that there is “only so much to go round” or that abundance is difficult to attain you will push away the very things you desire.
The antidote: Listen to the voices in your head. Are they critical and negative? Are they yours or are they remnants of voices you heard growing up from parents and authority figures? Many times our lives run on unconscious beliefs. Look back and see if you absorbed a false belief such as, “money is the root of all evil,” and work on replacing these thoughts with something more constructive.
5. Withholding forgiveness. If you cannot let go of the past and forgive you will block new good from entering your life.
The antidote: Forgive, let go of the past and live with gratitude for the present. Past hurts that remain unhealed are like black holes that suck in our energy and joy like a vacuum. When we read that forgiveness is not for the other person but, for ourselves this is the reason. Forgive yourself and others then let go to move on in life.
6. Ingratitude. When we focus only on what we don’t have – we skew our perception of life from noticing abundance to seeing only lack.
The antidote: Gratitude. Focus on what you have now and give thanks for that. The more you notice the good in your life the more your abundance will grow. Keeping an abundance journal is a great way to train your mind to notice all the things you have to be grateful for.
This is only a short list of some of the reasons we don’t get what we want. There are more to be sure.
What’s holding you back from getting what you want in life? Can you identify with any of these challenges?
If you enjoyed this article please share it with friend on Twitter, FB or G+. Thank you.
P.S. To learn how your intuition can help you manifest your desires – click here.
Photo: © samurai39 – Fotolia.com
Powered by Facebook Comments