Do you know the steps to making your dream a reality in your life?
Moving from a life you feel stuck and unhappy in to a life you love requires that you follow a system. You need a set of steps to shift your thinking from your old way of being to becoming a brand new person who can live this great dream you have inside.
Recently I wrote about 9 ways to recognize that your life is stuck and maybe you are stuck too. Being stuck is nothing to be ashamed of. We aren’t taught how to take a dream and make it into a reality.
Living a dream doesn’t have to be reserved for the lucky few.
Just because you weren’t taught how to take a great dream and pull it down from the land of possibility where it lives in your imagination into reality doesn’t mean that a solution doesn’t exist. There is a system to making your dreams a reality. The steps are tried and true and repeatable. You just need this recipe.
You already know that all the answers exist within. In fact, you have probably received the solution many times but you haven’t been receptive to it. Your intuition is always broadcasting to you. It’s the technology by which your Soul speaks to you. But when you’re stuck in a certain way of thinking your babbling monkey mind drowns out the whispers of your intuition and you don’t hear the solution that is being broadcast to you over and over.
Change your thinking
With your current inner programming you aren’t capable of seeing the solutions that are being broadcast to you. The answer is to change the way you are programmed and then you not only receive the answers but they appear as open doors for you to walk through in your life.
Changing your inner programming allows a curtain in your mind to go up and let’s you see all the solutions you’ve been searching for right there before you. Until you upgrade your thinking you will not see past the curtain.
Learning to be receptive to the solutions being broadcast to you is exactly what I wrote about in, “The Intuition Principle: How to Attract the Life You Dream Of.” The book is a recipe, a step by step method, which if followed changes you from the inside out and removes the curtain. Doing that allows you to “pull” your dreams right into your reality.
When I was stuck in a career that wasn’t me everyday I said a prayer, “Please God show me the way. Show me the path to free myself of this drudgery to live a life where I can truly express who I am meant to be.” I kept hoping the perfect job would appear.
The thing was my intuition had been broadcasting the answer to me for a long time but I was not ready to be receptive to it. The answer was not getting a different job. It was to go back to school, reinvent myself and transform my life.
I kept saying this prayer hoping that someone would offer me the perfect job. Whenever the thought crossed my mind about going back to school I glossed over it because it was too scary. How could I quit my job, I thought? How would I survive without a paycheck?
I didn’t know there was an actual system for transformation to follow that would allow me rise above my fears and bring my dreams into reality so I stayed stuck. I was going about it all wrong and wasting years of my life until I discovered the method purely by accident.
You know those few brave souls who’ve had the courage to jump from the edge of their old lives and lived to tell the tale of how making that leap brought their dreams into being? That was it! Until I said, “To hell with my fear,” and took this leap of faith nothing changed in my life.
The solution to living your dream is to start with the end result in mind and make that leap of faith no matter how scared you are. Focusing on the “how” is your fear talking and is what keeps you stuck.
Can you see how simple it is? Yet for many the breakthrough never occurs.
So stop focusing on all the “yukky” details and to start feeding the “yay!” of your dream of instead! Once you make a decision and take action all the details will fall into place.
Here are 5 tips for making your dream into a reality:
1. Get specific. Take out your journal and spend a morning writing out what your dream life looks like. Describe this life and everything in it so that if someone else read it they would be able to see it with crystal clarity too. Do not leave out any detail no matter how small you think it is. Block out this time and do not let anyone interrupt you. The process of writing it out in great detail will help you open up the space within for internal changes needed to organize your consciousness around this great new life you dream of.
1. Reprogram your thinking. Start with baby steps such as creating a masterful affirmation that inspires and motivates you. Here’s an example of what I used when I went back to school. “I am now so happy and grateful that I am a highly successful full time honors student majoring in writing, living comfortably and loving every minute of my college experience.”
2. Visualize your great goal. You’ve got to see it in your mind’s eye and feel that it is real deep down inside. Make time each day to close your eyes and actually live within this dream. You’ve got to allow yourself to get so revved up that your body releases the same chemicals it would release if you were really experiencing this great life you dream of.
3. Take action. Start right now! Think of what you can do right now, this minute, to move you toward your dream. It can be as simple as searching the Internet for the solution or picking up the phone and calling someone you met whom you think could point you in the right direction. But whatever you do don’t want another day.
4. Commit to make your dream a reality by a specific date. Take out the calendar and circle this date. When you have the end in mind you can then plan out the steps you need to take each and every day to get there. You must know where you are going and when you will arrive in order to create what you dream of. You want to live your dream now not, “whenever” right?
5. Live from your vision. This is the most important step. Constantly focus on the YAY not the YUK. What’s the YUK? It’s worrying about how it’s all going to get done.
Live and breath your vision every waking moment. Allow your vision to lift you up over the conditions of your life. When you are living from your vision you are living from possibility and have an expansive view of the landscape before you. From this high vantage point you don’t get stuck in small minded thinking that keeps most people reliving their same old lives day in and day out.
Are you ready to focus on the YAY to feed your dream what it needs to bring it into reality?
What’s your dream and what’s holding you back? Share with us in the comment section.
Did you enjoy this article? Share it with a friend on Twitter, G+ or Facebook.
P.S. Would you like to speak to me about your dream and what might be holding you back? Contact me for a life purpose session. Click here to email me.
Photo credit: © iko – Fotolia.com