Do you ever feel uncertain and indecisive?
Take this short quiz:
Do any of these statements ring true for you?
1. Do you feel unsure when you have to make a decision?
2. Do you look to what other people are doing to help you make your decision?
3. Do you often feel unclear about whether you can trust your own instincts or inner guidance?
4. Do you procrastinate because you can’t come to a decision?
5. Do you frequently ask many people their opinions before you feel confident making your decision?
6. Do you believe you’re just not good at making decisions?
If 3 or more of these statements rang true for you than experiencing uncertainty around making decisions is something you need to address.
How to Overcome Uncertainty and Indecisiveness
Uncertainty around making decisions is really a fear of making a mistake.
This probably stems from a decision you made that was wrong that had tremendous consequences on your life. You might also have been scolded, punished or shamed because of a decision you made.Think back over your life, did an authority figure ever make you feel bad about a decision? Did something happen at school or with a sibling where you were made fun of? Was there a defining moment in your life when a big decision you made went horribly wrong? Any of these reasons could have left you with a deep wound and fear around making the wrong decision.
One of the worst effects of being so deeply wounded around your decision-making ability is the lack of self-trust that the incident instills. It’s this lack of self-trust and the resulting questioning of your instincts that leads many creatives, intuitives, sensitives, and heart-centered entrepreneurs on a journey of discovering how to turn up the volume of their intuition. We want reliable guidance to be sure we make the right decisions and to avoid problems in our lives and so, we embark on a journey to develop our intuition. And we all have a sense of intuition primarily for one reason – to keep us safe and help us navigate our lives.
When something traumatic happens in our lives that disconnects us from trusting ourselves and this voice within, our whole life suffers. Losing trust in our judgement makes us feel completely insecure and vulnerable. We lack the confidence to take action and our life stagnates. When we have the inner confidence to make quick accurate decisions we are more apt to take action. When we take action and things turn out well we develop a greater sense of confidence ourselves and in our intuition.
This is the secret of how to conquer uncertainty, doubt and fear around making decisions. The answer is to focus on developing your intuition. When you’re able to hear your intuition loud and clear you’ll finally kick that uncertainly to the curb for good. After you begin making good decision by following your intuition a number of times your self-confidence will improve tremendously. When you’re confident you’re uncertainty will disappear.
Follow these 5 Steps to turn up the volume of your intuition and conquer your uncertainty for good.
- Make time for quiet reflection each day. Go within, get quiet and listen to learn how to discern your intuition from your other thoughts.
- Go for a walk in nature. Listen to the natural sounds rather than music. Allow Nature’s soothing sounds to quiet your mind. A quiet mind allows your intuition to stand out so you can hear it.
- Write out your concerns in a journal. What’s troubling you about the decision you’re grappling with? What’s your desired outcome? Many time when we relax and get into the flow of writing the right answer comes to us.
- Ask your higher self to bring you the answer to “What can I do to ensure that this turns out positively for me and all concerned?” Let go and allow ideas to bubble up naturally during the course of the day. Be sure to write down any that inspire you.
- Write out your question on a note pad before going to sleep. Ask your higher self to work on this problem and bring you an answer in a dream. Be sure you write down any dreams you so you don’t forget them. Memories of dreams are notorious for slipping away very fast! Analyze it and you’ll see that the dream will contain the answer you’re looking for.
Once you learn how to listen and follow your intuition your uncertainty around trusting yourself to make decision will become a thing of the past.
If you enjoyed this article please share it with a friend on FB, Twitter or G+. Thank you – thank you!
P.S. Learn to hear your intuition: Click here.
Want to reach the heights of success you’ve only dreamed of?
Make the decision to work with a mentor and watch what happens. I call this process “splitting the atom” of your potential. By saying “Yes” to a new opportunity you split the atom of your potential and release an enormous untapped power trapped inside of you. This power moves mountains and can reshape the topography of your life. Every human being possess this pure potential but sadly few utilize it. Instead it sits there until time goes by and one day it’s too late.
There isn’t a problem in your life that someone else hasn’t already been through
So many earnest and hardworking soulful practitioners think that if they just keep “soldiering through” whatever business challenge they’re facing that eventually they’ll overcome it. The problem with this way of thinking is if they do solve the problem at all it will take a very, very long time but it’s more likely they won’t solve the problem because they approach it with the same thinking that created it in the first place.
And that’s just sad.
The way to overcome your business challenge, or any problem for that matter, is to “split the atom” on your own potential and learn from a mentor. A mentor is someone who has successfully navigated through the same problem. Working with one releases your untapped potential.
My stubborn refusal to work with a mentor dragged down my business success for years. I thought I could do it on my own but I was wrong.
When I discovered the mentorship model my first thoughts where, “How simple! How elegant! Why did I waste so many years before I took this route?” Now I wouldn’t even consider not working with a mentor an option.
Take Intuitively Inspired Action
When you are offered a solution to a problem by a mentor who has successfully overcome what you are facing – grab it the moment feel the pull toward it. You must not think of it as spending money but investing money in yourself. This is an intuitively inspired moment where you are being given an opportunity to walk through a door to an alternate reality where your unleashed potential and success awaits you. Don’t let your thinking hold you back.
Allow yourself to act upon this inspiration because the door to this alternate reality remains open for just a few seconds. If you don’t go through it the door slams shut. When you slam the door shut on splitting the atom of your potential what’s really happening is that your fear is pulling you back to your cozy comfort zone where you feel “safe” and can continue playing small.
Don’t shortchange your success
A few ways that soulful entrepreneurs shortchange themselves is by thinking….
1. “I’ll go for the mentoring I need after I make the money in my business.” This is a huge illusion. If what you are doing now isn’t making you the money, where will this money come from or how many years are you willing to struggle and put off your success until you have it?
2. “I’ve tried other training programs and they don’t work for me.” Proper marketing and sales training work. People are making a good living using these methods. How can they not work for you? The only reason they wouldn’t is if you didn’t fully implement the training.
3. “I’ll just watch what this successful person does.” This is a big way to shortchange your success. You’ll never see all of what you need to learn from copying what successful entrepreneurs are doing whether it’s their emails or products and systems, etc. You’ll only meet with mediocre success and work way to hard for it by doing it this way.
4. “I’ll research it on online and get it all for free.” This is a scatter shot approach that will shortchange you in the end too. You will definitely be able to find most of the information online for free. The problem is that you’re likely to gather this information from a large assortment of successful mentors. What you’ll end up with is a collection of pieced together tactics rather than a seamless business system. And this too will having you working way to hard and take longer than working directly with a mentor.
5. “I’ll go for one off coaching instead.” You’ll never master a complete business system by going for on again off again coaching. Thinking you will just “pick the brain” of someone never works. You’re missing too many pieces because you don’t even know what you don’t know – so you don’t ask the right questions. This will slow your success way down too.
Do yourself a favor and stop shortchanging yourself. Jump in with both feet when you feel that pull toward an opportunity to work with a mentor. You will make back your investment in your training at lightening speed when you say “Yes” to yourself. So split the Atom on your potential and unleash your power and success by working with a mentor.
Wondering whether a mentor could help you? Book a complimentary session and see if and how it could benefit your life. Click here for your complimentary session now.
How has studying with a mentor catapulted your success? Share with us.
If you enjoyed this article share it with a friend on Twitter, Facebook of Google+.
P.S. Learn to take advantage off Intuitively Inspired Opportunities: Click here.
Image: © Nejron Photo – Fotolia.com