3 Ways Fear Keeps You From Succeeding in Life, Career & Sales
Have you ever been frozen in your tracks by fear? Or woken up in the middle of the night because of fear?
Fear keeps you from succeeding in whatever goals you have in life, business, career and in selling your products and services especially if you’re a heart-centered. It stops you cold from living up to your potential and keeps you playing small. And guess what happens next? You’re stuck spinning in the fear not moving toward your goal and losing valuable time in your life.
3 Ways Fear Stops You From Succeeding
1.The trap of fearful thoughts
You know you’ve been hit by a wave of fear when your internal dialogue sounds something like this: “I’m going to fail; I can’t do it; I’m not an expert, I’m not good enough; I’m not perfect enough; I’m a fraud; No one will buy from me; There’s never enough!” Thoughts like these replay in a loop and hold you hostage from taking the right actions to get where you want to go, instead you play small and hide.
2. Negative emotions impair your thinking
Negative Emotions such as fear and anger, angst, anxiety, fright, horror, terror and panic keep you locked in the vortex. The emotions turn on the body’s fight or flight response which is a reaction by the nervous system to threats to survival. These threats can be real or imagined, it doesn’t matter. The fight or flight response releases hormones to prime the body to either run or fight off the threat. Once your body is flooded by stress hormones your thinking is temporarily impaired.
If the stress let’s up in a short period, having impaired higher functions of reason and logical thinking isn’t a major problem. But when negative emotions become a chronic state of being then it becomes a huge problem. If you can’t think or reason properly you’re not going to make rational effective decisions. And without right decisions you won’t take the right action steps so you’re likely to make the situation worse.
3. Painful memories from your past
Old memories of events that triggered similar negative emotions and thoughts are likely to bubble up during fearful times. Remembering times you were scared and afraid you were going to fail only pushes you down further into the vortex. The memories put your habitual negative thoughts and emotions on hyper-drive and the vicious cycle continues.
The most common fears people have are public speaking, sales and speaking up. If you have fear around speaking in front of groups for your job or selling products and services for either your employer or your own company, it will affect your success rate. The fear of speaking up will hold you back from asking for a raise or charging what you’re worth for your own services as well.
Example: Say your top is fear selling. You pick up the phone to call a prospect aware that you’re feeling anxious. The moment you’re aware of feeling anxious your body has already sent a cocktail of stress hormones into your blood stream. The stress hormones impair your higher functions of thinking and communicating, which is why things go south in the sales conversation very quickly!
When you’re afraid you will hear your own thoughts over what the person is saying. When that happens you’re not fully present because you’re focused on what to say next, not on the person you’re in a conversation with. The person senses you’re not really listening and then you sense the disconnect with the prospect. Then you start thinking, “This isn’t going well. I’m not going to be able to do this.” or “Ugh, I hate sales! Why am I doing this?” And then the call crashes and burns which only serves to make you feel worse about yourself and imprint the fear and aversion to selling even more deeply.
You’ve got to learn how to shrink the fear so it stops hijacking your success!
How to stop fear from sabotaging your success in life, career and sales
To beat fear you need to have the tools to deal with it when it strikes. You must create a habit around using these tools to systematically stop the fear from stopping you in your tracks. Try using some of these tool to put fear in its place and reach your potential.
- Breathe. When you feel the fear set in take a moment to focus on your breathing. Taking in 3 – 5 breaths slowly, holding them in for few seconds and releasing them slowly will calm you down.
- Meditate. Learn how to meditate and make a daily practice of doing it. You need to know how to go into a calm state before the fear hits. It’s much harder to meditate when you’re already deeply engulfed in a state of fear and anxiety.
- Journal. Get in touch with your intuitive self and ask for advice. Answer an open ended question such as: What is the first step I can take to handle this situation? You’ll be surprised at how much wisdom pours out of you onto the page.
What’s your favorite tool for handling fear? If you don’t have one which of these tools will you use to deal with fear? Share with us in the comments.
If you enjoyed this post share it with a friend on FB or Twitter. Thanks!
P.S. If fear is holding you back from success let’s talk. Click here.
Do you find it difficult to stay positive when you’re surrounded by negativity?
I’m opening up the Powered by Intuition Mailbag to share the answer to a question from a reader who asked how she “could stay positive and in a state of gratitude when she was surrounded by negativity.“
If you’re living in the midst of a situation that’s negative it’s very hard to stay upbeat and positive all the time.
And whether it’s in your home, workplace or within a social group it’s going to affect you.
The way to rise above the negativity is to become conscious that you have a choice in how you react. The moment you become aware that you don’t have to react to negativity your mind has expanded.
When I first began my journey with personal development and found out that I didn’t have to think the thoughts that just “popped” into my head but could CHOOSE my thoughts, it blew my mind! Wow!
You could almost hear the “screech marks” as the wild negative and sabotaging thoughts came to a halt in my mind that very instant.
“You mean I can decide what I’m going to think about,” I thought? This was a revelation.
So, what I want to say to you is that the first step in overcoming anything in your life always begins with mastering your thoughts. Everything we do in life begins on the “inside.”
Now you might be thinking, “That’s hard!”
And, I won’t sugar coat it….it is hard. You have to want it – bad. You have to desire to change more than you desire to stay stuck where you are in the negativity of whatever the situation is.
You also have to be disciplined and commit to doing it and be consistent about doing it.
Here are 5 steps to maintain your positivity when you’re around negative people:
1. To shield yourself from absorbing negativity focus on the things you’re grateful for in your life. To do that though, you must first “interrupt” the thoughts that have taken control of your mind.
2. To do this use what’s called a “pattern interrupt.” This is when you deliberately take an action to switch gears on your thinking. Using this is like applying the “brakes” to a runaway train.
When you take control of the train you can direct it to go where you want to go. And this is exactly what you want to do with your thinking; take control of it. When you’re in control and direct it you consciously decide what you want in your life rather than being a victim of life and taking whatever comes along.
3. Pick a prayer you like or a mantra you know well. I like using either the “Lord’s Prayer,” or a mantra from “Ho’oponopono” which is, “I’m sorry. Forgive me. Thank you. I love you,” when I want to interrupt and halt a negative thought pattern that’s stampeding through my mind.
Depending on the situation I might use this mantra from Sahaja Yoga instead: “I forgive. I forgive everyone including myself.”
4. Once you take back control of your mind and calm down again you can think rationally about the situation and decide how to respond and what you’re going to do rather than react on autopilot. You can take an inventory and see how much good there really is in your life and focus on that instead. Remember what you focus on expands.
As you make a habit out of interrupting the negative thought patterns you’ll also be breaking the “circuit”
that has you automatically become upset.
5. Overriding the body’s stress response means you’re mastering your thoughts. You’re now fully conscious to the process that was hijacking your mind and can put a stop to it. That’s being a victor instead of a victim.
If you use one of these steps you’ll get your mind off of the negativity and start to neutralize the negative emotions that are activating the stress response in your body eventually. I say eventually because without a technique to reset the nervous system’s ingrained response it’s going to take longer.
When the stress response (fight or flight response) in your body is triggered you feel anxious, scared, overwhelmed, upset and fearful and you’re ready to react at a hair trigger.
You’re body pumps cortisol into your bloodstream to prepare you for a “fight or flight” so you can protect yourself from danger. If this same “danger” (what you’re calling a negative environment/person) appears in your life again and again your “fight or flight” response will be set off at the mere sight or thought of this negativity. This powerful reaction becomes ingrained within your nervous system and hijacks your emotions and behavior unconsciously.
When this happens you’ll have an uphill battle trying to maintain your positivity because it’s no longer just a “mental” challenge to change your thinking but a physically ingrained habit within your nervous system that you have to restore to “neutral.” The fastest way to reset the response from your nervous system is to use EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) or Tapping.
Are you surrounded by a negative situation or people you can’t get away from? How are you dealing with it?
If you enjoyed this article share it with a friend on Twitter, FB or Google+
P.S. Learn how to use your intuition to successfully create a life you love: Click here.
Self Empowerment & Authenticity Quotes to Help You Reach Your Greatest Potential
To be your authentic self means to be true to your own personality, spirit, or character. When you tune into your authenticity and let your true essence shine forth you access a tremendous source of power within that releases your true genius and creativity.
Your confidence will soar as the right people and opportunities show up at at just the right time in your life to propel you forward on the right path you were meant to follow to achieve your goals.
To connect to the authentic you and all the blessings and gifts you possess you must first start by developing your intuition.
Intuition is the gateway to the authentic self
How to connect to your authenticity and power: Find time each day to gift yourself some quiet private moments to just “be.” Breathe and observe your thoughts, feelings and nudges. Be especially mindful of the “nudges” that repeat themselves day in and day out. These nudges come from your intuition, that wise part of you that “knows” and is trying desperately to communicate to you that you listen to it.
Listening each day like this you will find you become more attuned to these intuitive nudges which is the language of intuition. And as you learn to understand this language you will gain clarity around what you truly wish to do in this life and who you truly wish to become. This knowledge is your destiny – your purpose and knowing what you were meant to do and what path to follow is how you become your authentic self.
Authenticity is where you will find your power
When you are authentically you the spigot on your personal power opens full force. You know yourself. You are true to yourself and your values. You have an unshakeable connection to your purpose and your mission; what it is you’re here to accomplish.
The knowing of your true self and living from this authenticity leads to having a clear vision of your mission and this is what leads to being tremendously self empowered. You are here for a purpose and you are here contribute to making the world a better place in some special way that only YOU can offer.
Connecting to your authenticity and power and making a positive contribution doesn’t mean you have to be famous either. For example, being a great parent and molding and shaping the lives of future good citizens of the world to steward the earth is a huge mission and accomplishment yet, in most cases it doesn’t involve being famous. Whatever your purpose is you are meant to share your best and do it passionately, authentically as only you can do it with an understanding that everything you do affects the world around you and every single living person in it.
You are one of a kind
No two snow flakes are alike and you too are one of a kind. To connect to your authenticity means that you have a special combination of personality traits, abilities, aptitudes, gifts and talents that no one else has in quite the same way. You are here to share this special combination which is your “blessing” with the world.
When you hear the whispers of your intuition and connect to your authentic self you connect to the “source” within which is your true power that, fire in the belly that, gives you your own special brand of charisma and magnetism and the courage, determination and perseverance to hold fast to your vision and keep going on your mission no matter what. This is true power and what it means to be self empowered.
Do not give up and do not think “this is not meant for me”
Every person has this power inside and is capable of reaching their greatest potential and making a difference. It all starts with honoring those little nudges and listening. And for every person you see on the world stage that you call “great” it all began the same way which should give you enormous hope because if they can tap into their true power and do it so can you!
If you think having a purpose and mission is for others but not for you yet you feel that deep down you yearn to be more and that there must be more to life don’t give up and bury your feelings again. All it takes to access your power and live up to your potential is building your confidence and overriding those fears and limiting belief patterns that are holding you back. Override the limiting beliefs by using either meditation, affirmations, journaling or tapping. If you feel stuck and overwhelmed by where to start work with a mentor to remove these roadblocks.
If you’d like to learn more about how mentoring can help you become more confident and empowered “click here for a Complimentary Life Direction Clarity Session with me.“
Here are some quotes to inspire you to unearth your authentic self and empower you to reach the heights of your full potential. To your greatness!
A mentor will point out your true blessings and help you become more confident and empowered “click here for a Complimentary Life Direction Clarity Session with me.”
Do you feel comfortable and confident and empowered by being authentically you? Which of these quotes resonates with you? Share with us in the comments.
If you enjoyed these quotes share them with a friend on Twitter, FB or Google+. Thank you!
P.S. Develop your intuition & connect to your authenticity. Learn more here
Spiritual Laws of Success: How to Gain the Support of the Universe
Do you ever wonder how some people seem to get everything they want?
You know the kind of people I’m talking about, the ones who appear to have been born under a lucky star?
Everything goes their way and each time they set out to accomplish something not only to do they but, they make a smashing success out of it.
Whatever they touch or desire to bring about unfolds elegantly and almost magically with the Universe supporting them with one synchronicity or serendipitous event after another. They set out to do something and “suddenly” the money appears to complete their project (synchronicity) or they meet a person out of the “clear blue” who profoundly changes the direction of their life forever afterward (serendipity).
These types of people aren’t born under a lucky star at all.
In fact there is a “system” to how they behave and how they think that you can emulate in order to gain the support of the Universe too.
They are simply following the spiritual laws of success, whether they realize it or not, which results in the Universe mirroring back to them exactly what they put out.
The Universe isn’t random
Whatever we do, think and say creates the response and reaction we get from the Universe. If we don’t like the reactions we are getting it means WE have to change because one thing is for sure, the Universe isn’t about to.
The “Universe” is a self-organizing system that reacts to our actions. This means that there is an underlying program that runs the Universe. And this program has been set to react in specific ways to our actions, which is a good thing because it shows there is a pattern we can study and learn from. If we put in a bit of effort to study the actions of successful people we too can learn how to better interact with the Universe in order to achieve greater results.
Spiritual Laws of Success
The spiritual laws of success I’m referring to come from Raymond Holliwell’s book, “Working with the Law.”
How to get the Universe to Support You by properly using the Spiritual Laws
1. Law of Thinking: Watch your thoughts. Do not allow yourself to go down a path of negative thinking about anything. Stop complaining! You push away your good when you do that.
2. Law of Supply: Think Big. Don’t limit your supply by focusing on what you don’t have. The Universe is unlimited and your life is unlimited. Only you put limitations upon it.
3. Law of Attraction: Create a strong desire and expect that it will manifest. Your desire must be a vibrational match for what you desire. See it, feel it and know that it will manifest and and act as if it already has.
4. Law of Receiving: Focus on what you can give others. The more you give the more you will get. When you are only focused on getting or believe you’re “owed” something the law of receiving won’t work.
5. Law of Increase: Praise increases your good. Use positive affirmations. See the good in every situation and then focus on that. The more you praise or “bless” a situation the more increase you will see.
6. Law of Compensation: The more you put in the more you’ll get back. The only way to become successful is to work at it. You can’t just dream about it and expect to be compensated. You have to do the work.
7. Law of Non-Resistance: Quit focusing on obstacles. Go around them instead! If something stands in your way find another way instead. There is always a solution and you find it when you stop obsessing about the obstacle.
8. Law of Forgiveness: Increase the flow of good in your life by forgiving. Forgiving allows you to release the energy around the situation that was frozen within you. This frees you and frees up the flow of good.
9. The Law of Sacrifice: Nothing comes without a price. If you really want to do something it will entail sacrifice of some sort. There are only 1,440 minutes in a day. You have to make hard choices sometimes to get where you want to go.
10. Law of Obedience: You can’t outsmart the laws that govern the Universe. Use them properly and they work for you. Use them improperly and they will work against you.
11. Law of Success: Take action now. Nothing is more empowering than action. Let go of excuses, overcome your fear and indecision and take a stand for your success.
This is what successful people do to gain the support of the Universe. Are you ready to do what it takes to take a stand for your success? If so the Universe will have your back too.
If you enjoyed this article share it with a friend on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook.
P.S. Learn to listen to your intuition – click here.
Photo credit: Fotolia©-Kirill-Kedrinski
Do you know the steps to making your dream a reality in your life?
Moving from a life you feel stuck and unhappy in to a life you love requires that you follow a system. You need a set of steps to shift your thinking from your old way of being to becoming a brand new person who can live this great dream you have inside.
Recently I wrote about 9 ways to recognize that your life is stuck and maybe you are stuck too. Being stuck is nothing to be ashamed of. We aren’t taught how to take a dream and make it into a reality.
Living a dream doesn’t have to be reserved for the lucky few.
Just because you weren’t taught how to take a great dream and pull it down from the land of possibility where it lives in your imagination into reality doesn’t mean that a solution doesn’t exist. There is a system to making your dreams a reality. The steps are tried and true and repeatable. You just need this recipe.
You already know that all the answers exist within. In fact, you have probably received the solution many times but you haven’t been receptive to it. Your intuition is always broadcasting to you. It’s the technology by which your Soul speaks to you. But when you’re stuck in a certain way of thinking your babbling monkey mind drowns out the whispers of your intuition and you don’t hear the solution that is being broadcast to you over and over.
Change your thinking
With your current inner programming you aren’t capable of seeing the solutions that are being broadcast to you. The answer is to change the way you are programmed and then you not only receive the answers but they appear as open doors for you to walk through in your life.
Changing your inner programming allows a curtain in your mind to go up and let’s you see all the solutions you’ve been searching for right there before you. Until you upgrade your thinking you will not see past the curtain.
Learning to be receptive to the solutions being broadcast to you is exactly what I wrote about in, “The Intuition Principle: How to Attract the Life You Dream Of.” The book is a recipe, a step by step method, which if followed changes you from the inside out and removes the curtain. Doing that allows you to “pull” your dreams right into your reality.
When I was stuck in a career that wasn’t me everyday I said a prayer, “Please God show me the way. Show me the path to free myself of this drudgery to live a life where I can truly express who I am meant to be.” I kept hoping the perfect job would appear.
The thing was my intuition had been broadcasting the answer to me for a long time but I was not ready to be receptive to it. The answer was not getting a different job. It was to go back to school, reinvent myself and transform my life.
I kept saying this prayer hoping that someone would offer me the perfect job. Whenever the thought crossed my mind about going back to school I glossed over it because it was too scary. How could I quit my job, I thought? How would I survive without a paycheck?
I didn’t know there was an actual system for transformation to follow that would allow me rise above my fears and bring my dreams into reality so I stayed stuck. I was going about it all wrong and wasting years of my life until I discovered the method purely by accident.
You know those few brave souls who’ve had the courage to jump from the edge of their old lives and lived to tell the tale of how making that leap brought their dreams into being? That was it! Until I said, “To hell with my fear,” and took this leap of faith nothing changed in my life.
The solution to living your dream is to start with the end result in mind and make that leap of faith no matter how scared you are. Focusing on the “how” is your fear talking and is what keeps you stuck.
Can you see how simple it is? Yet for many the breakthrough never occurs.
So stop focusing on all the “yukky” details and to start feeding the “yay!” of your dream of instead! Once you make a decision and take action all the details will fall into place.
Here are 5 tips for making your dream into a reality:
1. Get specific. Take out your journal and spend a morning writing out what your dream life looks like. Describe this life and everything in it so that if someone else read it they would be able to see it with crystal clarity too. Do not leave out any detail no matter how small you think it is. Block out this time and do not let anyone interrupt you. The process of writing it out in great detail will help you open up the space within for internal changes needed to organize your consciousness around this great new life you dream of.
1. Reprogram your thinking. Start with baby steps such as creating a masterful affirmation that inspires and motivates you. Here’s an example of what I used when I went back to school. “I am now so happy and grateful that I am a highly successful full time honors student majoring in writing, living comfortably and loving every minute of my college experience.”
2. Visualize your great goal. You’ve got to see it in your mind’s eye and feel that it is real deep down inside. Make time each day to close your eyes and actually live within this dream. You’ve got to allow yourself to get so revved up that your body releases the same chemicals it would release if you were really experiencing this great life you dream of.
3. Take action. Start right now! Think of what you can do right now, this minute, to move you toward your dream. It can be as simple as searching the Internet for the solution or picking up the phone and calling someone you met whom you think could point you in the right direction. But whatever you do don’t want another day.
4. Commit to make your dream a reality by a specific date. Take out the calendar and circle this date. When you have the end in mind you can then plan out the steps you need to take each and every day to get there. You must know where you are going and when you will arrive in order to create what you dream of. You want to live your dream now not, “whenever” right?
5. Live from your vision. This is the most important step. Constantly focus on the YAY not the YUK. What’s the YUK? It’s worrying about how it’s all going to get done.
Live and breath your vision every waking moment. Allow your vision to lift you up over the conditions of your life. When you are living from your vision you are living from possibility and have an expansive view of the landscape before you. From this high vantage point you don’t get stuck in small minded thinking that keeps most people reliving their same old lives day in and day out.
Are you ready to focus on the YAY to feed your dream what it needs to bring it into reality?
What’s your dream and what’s holding you back? Share with us in the comment section.
Did you enjoy this article? Share it with a friend on Twitter, G+ or Facebook.
P.S. Would you like to speak to me about your dream and what might be holding you back? Contact me for a life purpose session. Click here to email me.
Photo credit: © iko – Fotolia.com
The process of spiritual growth is different for everyone. During this time we absorb so-called “rules” about spirituality that we never think to question but, according to author Betsy Chasse, perhaps should.
Author Betsy Chasse began to question these spiritual rules after she went through several crises in her life. Her book, “Tipping Sacred Cows,” examines the spiritual tenets we assume we must ascribe to and whether we actually need to buy into them in order to “be spiritual.”
I read the book and enjoyed it very much. I recommend it if you too question some of these “rules.”
1. What does “Tipping Sacred Cows” mean?
A sacred cow is something we hold it up against any sort of criticism. We protect it, even if it doesn’t serve our highest good. We have beliefs about ourselves and the world that we have picked up along the way from our family, friends, teachers, the media and they become ingrained in us and we mold our lives around those beliefs, often we don’t even know they exist. To tip those sacred cows means to take them out and really examine them, see if they are true or just a belief, a story you’ve convinced yourself is true. If it’s not – tip it over, let it go, work at it until it’s gone.
2. The book is a hilarious guided tour of what you perceive to be the spiritual propaganda most of us have been fed; please tell Powered by Intuition readers what happened in your life that changed how you perceived these spiritual concepts?
Life is a series of epiphanies. It’s a constant unraveling of self. With each one we can either choose to evolve, re-examine our beliefs and change or continue living from the same place. The biggest change for me came when I realized nothing was static. An idea, a concept of a belief needed to be able to evolve as I did, as my life evolved. What might have been working for me during one part of my life, doesn’t mean it will always work or always be true or ever was true. Being spiritual isn’t about what you practice, what yoga you do, whether you’re a vegan or not. You are a spiritual being. Meaning comes from you, not what you do. For me finding my meaning came when I looked at myself and asked myself, what do I want in my life, who do I want to be and started to be that. I let go of worrying about the how’s, the yoga pants, and if I had Ganesh in the right part of my house.
3. “Like any good drug, once a moment of enlightenment happens, we begin to attempt to recreate that experience, and with every attempt it seems to get further away. Thus the eternal hunt through the maze for the cheese. The seeking becomes the endgame, and when we are seeking, we aren’t really being.” (P.35)
I loved this section Betsy and I have experienced this myself. Can you give readers an example of one of those “enlightenment experiences” that was the catalyst for chasing experience instead of being? Instead of chasing these experiences what should we do instead?
One of my most powerful experiences came when I first experienced a group of people so enthralled by a teacher. I got caught up for sure in group consciousness, suddenly feeling connected to the people around me in a way I had never experienced. I felt I belonged for the first time. That was amazing and I wanted to recreate that experience over and over again, so I attempted to manufacture it instead of just allowing it to happen, like it did the first time, organically, but just living my life fully and taking each experience as it comes rather than forcing it.
4. Why does living in “non-attachment’ from your point of view, not work for most people?
Mostly because we are a society built on attachments. Our entire realty is based on having. Not just things, but love, relationships. We are a social species, we are emotional and the more we try to be less emotional and less attached because it’s the “right” way to be, the more frustrated we become. It’s like saying no: try telling yourself you can’t have something and watch your body react. I have found the more I allow myself to be honest about my attachments the less I feel the need to be attached.
5. You book covers all the major spiritual topics such as enlightenment, the law of attraction, attachment, the Universe, masks we wear through life, feelings, living in bliss, the ego, fear and judgment, self-love and forgiveness and anger. Which of these topics do you feel is the most misunderstood and why?
For me the biggest was what does it mean to be spiritual. I always felt I was doing it wrong, or that I was somehow missing something. My definition of spiritual didn’t match up with someone else’s. I don’t feel alone in this. We all want to be happy so we’re looking for “the answer” and we keep looking for it. We’re busy and it’s hard and time-consuming work, so we look for the short cuts and we slap on the newest and greatest practice or platitude and we keep on truckin’. And it works for a while, but because most of these concepts are complex and intertwined and take a willingness to be uncomfortable and a mess, we either quit out of frustration, or we attempt to skip to the master class. I misunderstood a lot of these concepts because they sound so easy, they’ve almost been trivialized. Make a vision board and your life will be better. But we don’t want to ask the hard questions, like why do we want what’s on that vision board? Being spiritual became more about doing it right than living authentically. If I wasn’t manifesting what was on my vision board there must be something wrong with me. And much of these concepts have been taken out of context and overly simplified.
6. What central point do you wish readers to take away from reading the book?
Ultimately happiness isn’t a destination, it’s a state of mind. Spirituality doesn’t have a rule book, there isn’t a right and a wrong way, it’s just life, your life. I’ve got a million platitudes and I hate to say it, but they are all true. Life is messy, life is a journey (yep I just said that), give yourself a break, and if you can only hold on to one sacred cow, make it this one: Everything is going to be ok and you might as well laugh…cause really it is damn funny, even when it sucks.
7. How did writing the book change you? How would you like it to affect readers?
Writing Tipping was a catharsis in that I let go of all the thoughts and ideas that had been swirling about my head for a very long time. Just like in the game I describe in the book: “My life Sucks”, it was freeing to write it and say it, I had to dig deep into myself to the places I often avoided. My hope is that readers will see that in doing that, there is peace, laughter and a path towards the life they desire. And that in the end the only path you need to be following is your own.
8. What’s next or what are you working on now?
I am currently filming another “BLEEP” and am working on getting a new film going “Killing Buddha”.
What sacred cows are you holding onto? Do they inhibit your growth or assist you in it? Share with us in the comments.
If you enjoyed this post please share it on Twitter, Facebook & Google+
P.S. While your here check out my intuition development book: Click here.
Betsy Chasse is an internationally known author, filmmaker and speaker. She is the Co-Creator (Writer, Director, Producer) of the film “What The Bleep Do We Know?!” and the author of 3 books including Tipping Sacred Cows (January 2014 Atria/Simon & Schuster), Metanoia – A Transformative Change of Heart and the companion book to BLEEP, Discovering The endless Possibilities for Altering Your Everyday Reality. She also enjoys blogging for Huff Post, Intent.com, Modern Mom and other sites. Chasse continues to make provocative films, with the recently completed documentary CREATIVITY and two currently in production— The follow up film to “BLEEP” and Zentropy a narrative comedy about what happens when the least spiritual person on the planet gets hired to make a movie about spirituality.
Pick up Tipping Sacred Cows on Amazon here.