Readers’ Stories of Encountering the Spirit of a Loved One

Life after death evidence

Life after death

Today, I’m excited to share submissions from Powered by Intuition readers about encountering the spirit of a deceased loved one.

These stories illustrate what I believe: We’re all connected in spirit and naturally intuitive.  Each of these readers is a mediumistic in their own right. Communication with the spirit of a loved happens spontaneously and requires no preparation such as, the need to study psychic development or mediumship..

Their stories prove that the love that connects us to one another survives physical death and is all we need to receive a communication from the spirit world. Your loved ones want to let you know they are okay. They want to let you know they still love you and will always be with you. All you need to do is stay open to receiving their message.

These four personal encounters are great examples of the variety of ways your loved ones communicate their presence to you.

Seeing a spirit

When I was a young girl approximately 8 or 9 years old my favorite uncle passed away from a heart attack. I was devastated by his death, he was always the one who was there for my brother, sister and I. Our favorite ritual if you will, was heading down back to the lower part of our property to build a camp fire for roasting marshmallows and hot dogs. My uncle Bill would tell us stories, make us laugh and couldn’t get enough of those roasted marshmallows. Ha.
On the morning of the funeral, we all went to say our goodbyes to a great man. Upon walking up to the casket and looking at my uncle, I knew he was no longer there. The only thing I saw was an empty body, I knew his spirit had moved on. The hardest part was knowing I would never see him again, not in this life anyway. I went home and cried myself to sleep that night.
The following morning I awoke and sat up on the edge of the bed, when I looked up my uncle Bill was standing in the doorway looking down at me. There he was in his black pin stripe suit that he loved so well. I knew he came back to let me know that everything was alright and that his spirit would always be near.
I wasn’t able to tell my parents about this experience because I knew in my heart they would never believe me. We were taught that there are no such things as spirits or ghosts and of course would have been punished had we ever spoke of such things. I pray that parents of today will be more open and receptive of things their children see and hear. I can tell you from personal experience that there is a spirit world and it isn’t something to be feared.

–Susan Reese

Clairaudience – Hearing from the spirit world

A few years ago I was living in Florida and my aunt, who lived in Detroit area, was very ill and in the hospital.  I was very close to her and my sister called to say she was dying.  I immediately made a plane reservation to return to Detroit before she passed.

While on the plane I suddenly heard, “It’s all over now.”

Don’t know who said it to me but, it did not sound like her.  When I landed my sister said she died and gave me the time 8:50 p.m. which was the exact time I had received the message.

While babysitting for my grandchild and doing my nails I heard my aunt, whom had passed say, “Bow, what in the world is going on?”   I explained to her that she had passed and was now in the spirit world.  She didn’t reply but, did not return to visit me again.

–Clara Sifers

Smelling the presence of a spirit

My eldest son passed away 3 years ago.
It was my father`s 70th birthday recently.
We live 16,000 km apart on different continents & hemispheres.
They live in a mountainous area and don`t often have satellite reception.
I just sent a text message birthday wish.
Later that evening, in a specific area, I `smelled` my son’s scent.
A couple of days later it happened again.
I`m not sure, maybe it`s him making his presence known & acknowledging
this special time for his grandfather.

–Xanele Talbot

Spirit Visitation in a Dream

When my father died, I was very shocked, and there was one thing I was really sorry about. I felt I mistreated him in one way, on a specific occasion, and I really felt sorry for hurting him (emotionally).
It was maybe about a year after he had passed, that I had this dream:
I was in a graveyard of some kind, or larger field, other ‘people’ helpers were there (maybe angels), and then a floor door (or a door on the ground) opened, and out came my father, he came up the steps. I was so happy to see him, we hugged and embraced, and I told him, that I was so sorry about what happened, and that I didn’t want to hurt him. He told me, that all is fine, and that he had no hard feelings, and he completely understood, and didn’t take it personally. That all is well.
I was so relieved and so happy, and then we had to say goodbyes , and he had to go down those steps again and retreat under ground.
I wasn’t sad seeing  him leave, it was all right.
I know he was fine and that all is well.
This very vivid dream helped me tremendously
I really believe he came and visited me from the other side…
–Caroline Cameron
I want to thank these wonderful Powered by Intuition readers for sharing their private stories with us. The more openly we share the more educated we all become on the topic of life after death and the survival of consciousness after physical death.
Encounters with the spirit world are not scary or spooky or unnatural. It’s just love doing what love does….reaching out and saying, “I miss you, I love you, I’m okay – just wanted you to know.”
When we die we leave our body behind but, not our intelligence nor ingenuity.
Do you see how these four spirits used different means of communicating with their loved ones? Have you ever encountered the spirit of a loved one? What happened. Share your story in the comments.
If you enjoyed this post please share it with a friend on Twitter, Facebook or Google+. Thank you.
P.S. Learn more about how to open up your intuition and psychic abilities: Click here.

Comments

comments

1. I’m yet to have that feeling of my loved one being connected with me in the afterlife, but I do know that I have had close family members that swear they have seen or felt the presence of a passed away husband or loved one.

• Hi Anna,
      Keep asking to feel their presence and eventually you will!
      Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment.

2. Well, you know I’ve had a couple of encounters recently. Both were very positive experiences. I can’t explain it, I just know what happened. In neither case did I seek out the contact, but I recognized it when it happened. Very powerful and reassuring.
    Galen Pearl recently posted…The Little Car That CouldMy Profile

• Hi Galen,
      Yes, I remember them well! You knew – “claircognizantly” what happened.
      It is powerful and unexplainable to others. You have to experience it firsthand to “know” that you just “know.” LOL

3. I think these stories are awesome! And it really is amazing how they always do show up right when you need them. My wife’s mother is frequently visited by her mother. She once experienced her touch her shoulders as she was washing the dishes. She turned around expecting her husband because the touch gave her a calm and peaceful feeling. When she turned around, no one was there. She knew it was her mother.
    Thank you for sharing this!
    Shawn recently posted…Are binaural beats safe?My Profile

• Dear Shawn,
      I’m so glad you enjoyed these stories. By the time we reach age 7 we’ve been socialized into noticing only “one reality.” The reality is that our world and the spirit world intersect and they are all around us and us all around them. I love your story about your mother in law. You should tell her to send in her story to me. I’m going to publish another post of readers’ stories.
      Thanks so much for leaving your wonderful comment.

• Thanks! I will have to talk to her about sending it in. I don’t see her that often, but I will ask her the next time I see her.

4. Thanks, Angela, I enjoy reading stories like these. I like what you said, “Encounters with the spirit world are not scary or spooky or unnatural.”

I could have watched too many movies. Since I was a little girl, I have been scared due to the portrayals that they are frightening. However, in the past few years, I have had experiences that are more comforting and reassuring. I still avoid scary movies though. I don’t like the idea of scaring myself silly with blood and gore.
    Evelyn Lim recently posted…7 Reasons Why You Need Self-Love Meditation HealingMy Profile

• Hi Evelyn,
      I’m so glad you enjoyed this post.
      I too avoid scary movies because they really do scare me!
      I don’t like feeling afraid turn off the light in my bedroom.
      I totally understand.

5. Both my late husband and my mum have ‘visited me’. I actually saw my husband sitting on our bed and he spoke the most wonderful words. My mum shows up in what I think of as ‘visions’ because I have no other word for what happens…she doesn’t always speak…just smiles at me and changes her appearance…it’s kind of cool.

I’m sure many of your readers are going to feel uplifted as they read this wonderful stories Angela.

Love Elle
    xoxo
    Elle recently posted…Moving Beyond Discomfort.My Profile

• Dear Elle,
      How wonderful that your late husband still visits!
      Seeing your Mom appear differently to you does sound very cool.
      I love these stories too.

6. I can personally attest to my Mother “appearing” either inside my mind/heart or as a vision in my mind that leads me to the solution I am looking for.

The “presence” I love most is when I am cooking, and hesitate….and instantly feel the gentle encouraging words in my ear. My Mother lives on in my heart, giving me strength.

I dream of my Grandmother a lot and always wake up refreshed and happy :-)

Beautiful post Angela. I love reading about experiences. Thank you!

Hugs, Vidya
    Vidya Sury recently posted…Are you a blogger? Stop Writing. Now!My Profile

• Hi Vidya,
      She’s always near you Vidya and I think she still enjoys cooking with you.
      I bet your grandmother visits you in your dreams often.
      I’m so glad you enjoyed this post.
      Hugs back,

7. Angela, Oh yes I absolutely have. Once one of my mother’s clippings of an inspirational poem just “appeared” in the middle of my kitchen floor while I was vaccuuming. I didn’t even know I HAD one of her clippings! I have a million stories of little things like that. They just let us know our loved ones are still around us from time to time, usually when we need them the most :)
    Julie Barrett recently posted…How Not To Get Lost On The Road of Your Soul’s JourneyMy Profile

• Hi Julie,
      That’s amazing! I bet you were so happy to find that too.
      Yes, exactly – they show up when we need them most.

Submit a Comment