The Love for Our Pets is Eternal

“The purity of a person’s heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals” –Author Unknown

The love for our pets is eternal.

The love for our pets is eternalHow we miss them when they are gone.

The love they share with us while they are with us is their gift to human kind.

Today I have the great pleasure of introducing you to another beautiful soul, Jeanne Miller of The Pet Medium.

Jeanne loves animals as much as I do!

What area of the intuitive arts do you specialize in?

I’m a Psychic Medium specializing in animal communications.  I am able to connect people to the thoughts, words, and feelings of their pets either here or passed on.
Why were you drawn to or how did you come to develop this particular specialty?

I have had a deep love for animals my entire life. I always yearned to find a way to work with them, but did not want work in a  veterinary clinic.  After being in and out of psychic development for many years, I attended an animal communications seminar one day.  I opened up very suddenly that day and haven’t looked back since.

What is your history – how did you come to practice the intuitive arts?

Although I was fascinated with this field, I had no idea that I could do this type of work.  But around age 35, some odd things started happening to me.  Astral Projection, sensing and feeling spirits around me etc.  I didn’t know what was happening to me until I went to have my very first reading from a local Psychic Medium.  She explained what was happening to me and I went into psychic development training with her at that time.  Although life events would pull me out of development, it wasn’t long before I went right back in. It just kept calling to me.  But it took almost 20 years for the time to be right for me to do this work.

How does your intuition come through for you? Can you describe it for us so that even non-intuitives understand?

My intuition comes through in many ways.  When I give a pet reading, I work through my guides.  They will often send me visuals, like little film clips.  They also will either talk to me or just “download” information to me.  I will suddenly just know something, that I have no reason to know. The knowledge will just suddenly be there, as if it had always been there for me to draw on.  I often times hear sounds and my communication with the animal is also very direct.  I see them in spiritual form and they talk to me.  I hear their voices, not with my physical ears, but my inner ear. The same way people hear their voice in their head when they are reading or thinking.  It is a very natural feeling.

If you could change anything in your life up to now regarding your intuitive development or intuitive practice what would it be?

I would have tried to find more like minded people.  Before I opened up completely to psychic communication, my teacher had passed on and I had no one to answer my questions or help me along.  I think being with others in a group would have moved me into this world more quickly and would have helped me with the self doubt that I felt.

How has being intuitive influenced your life and/or those around you?

In all honestly, for a very long time, it made me feel alienated from people.  I didn’t have anyone I could talk to in the early days as they wouldn’t know what I was talking about.  Most of the people who were in my life while I was developing are no longer around.  So now, I lead a more isolated life, which I think has helped me to not feel like such an outcast.  Luckily, I have a sister who is also just discovering her gifts in this area, so I am able to talk to her about anything and this helps a lot.

What exercise/courses do you recommend to readers to develop the kind of specialty you have?

The first thing I would recommend is to read some animal communication books to get an idea of how this work is done. It will also show people who are interested in this line of work, that they will find sorrow as well as joy in their communications. Once they have decided they would really like to continue on this path, I want to tell them that they don’t have to have Mediumship abilities to talk to animals on this side.  But they would need to develop in that area if they want to speak to animals who have passed into spirit.

I would recommend taking a psychic development class from a gifted psychic medium.  If they have latent  mediumship abilities, they will most likely start to emerge in psychic development.  The first step is to put a daily meditation in place.  There are so many different ways to meditate that this doesn’t need to be daunting. Even 10 minutes a day will help them fine tune their minds to a higher vibration.

They must also learn, if they are working with Spirit, to surround themselves with white light before communicating, as this will protect them from lower vibrations.  But this is more important for mediumship  readings then regular pet communication.

Picture the pet in your mind’s eye.  Ask a question, and wait.  Write down the first thing that comes to your mind, even if you think it is off base. They should practice on their friend’s pets if that is more comfortable for them.  Learning to trust the information is the hardest part.  So if you practice with your friends, they will be able to verify what comes out.  And starting this way, with friends, is a safe and comfortable way.  You won’t have to worry about being embarrassed or being wrong.  They are friends.  They love you and will help you to attain what you want. If they make you feel silly or embarrassed…get some new friends. (great advice Jeanne! AA)

What’s one action that readers/listeners can take this week to move them forward in their goal of becoming more intuitive?

One thing I would like to suggest is something very simple.  Take a walk by yourself.  Do not bring a phone unless you are expecting an emergency.  While walking, start taking in sensory information.  Focus first on sight…how many different colors do you see? As you go along, focus on your sense of smell.  Concentrate on any scents that come to you, whether it be trees, flowers, or if you are in a city, bus or car exhaust.  These all count.  Focus on each smell, one at a time.  Next move to hearing.  What different sounds are you hearing?  How many.  Without looking, can you identify what you are hearing.  Now finish your walk by just being alone with your thoughts and let you mind wander to wherever it wants to go.  This is an excellent way to start fine tuning your senses and focusing your mind.  Now this isn’t to say you aren’t supposed to pay attention to what is around you.  If you are near busy areas or intersections, do pay attention to this world too!

Can you share a personal story about working with your intuition?

My friends kept telling me I would love the Harry Potter books, but I hadn’t started reading them until number Four was out.  I ravished those in no time flat.  By the time Order of the Phoenix came out, I was thoroughly hooked and chomping at the bit.  I called every book shop I could find and they were all sold out.  Well, I gave up on it and was disappointed but had errands to run.  On the way to one of my errands, I had to pass a complex that had a Kmart in it.  I never shopped at Kmart, as I’ve always been a catalogue or online shopper.  But I suddenly got a strong urge to pull into the complex.

Of course, I ignored it, not realizing it was a communication.

I ran my errand, and drove back the same way.  This time I got a strong voice saying: “Go to Kmart.  What you want is at Kmart.”  It was kind of loud so I figured I’d go even though I thought I was going batty.  I wasn’t even sure that Kmart sold books.  Well they did and directed me to them.  There were 2 copies left. I bought one, thanked my guides and went home to a fun night of reading.  This was the first time that I realized that our guides care about the little things we want as well as the larger things.  As long as what you want isn’t going to be bad for you, your guides will help you find it.  They love you. It is never too soon to start talking to them and thanking them for watching over you.

What is the biggest lesson you have learned via your intuition?

I think the biggest lesson I’ve learned…the one that has had a profound impact on me….is how very much our pets really do love us.  I have seen first hand, the loyalty they constantly show us and  how often they put our wishes before their own.  And I was also surprised and pleased to find that cats are every bit as loving and loyal as dogs are.  It was amazing to learn that our pets find humans fascinating and they love to watch us as much as we love to watch them.   As one cat put it:  “I like to watch my Mom.  She can do so many different things with her hands.”

Do you have any questions for Jeanne? Have you ever felt as if you could understand your pet? What did it feel like or what happened?

If you enjoyed this post please share it on social media. Thank you.

P.S. While your here subscribe by email and gets posts, the newsletter and a free gift too!~

Jeanne Miller "The Pet Medium"Jeanne Miller is an author and psychic pet medium from Vermont. Her website is The Pet Medium (www.thepetmedium.com). If you want to understand what your pet is thinking or feel the lasting bonds of love with a pet who has passed on please do contact Jeanne.

She’s read for my pets several times and she was phenomenal! AA

Comments

comments

1. My own dogs as well as working with so many other dogs has taught me much about intuition. I started developing it when I was a kid on the ranch with horses and dogs. All of my life it has followed me and recently I’ve certainly listened to it much more.

Mahalo for making available people who can make a difference in our pets lives Angela!
    Jt Clough recently posted…Pumpkin Love Recipes and RemediesMy Profile

• Hi Jt,
      I’m a huge animal lover and so is Jeanne. I’m sure that you are quite intuitively connected to many animals due to your upbringing and to training dogs for so many years. It’s my pleasure to introduce Jeanne to all of you!

• Thank you so much, Angela. It has been a real treat for me to come here and chat with fellow pet lovers.

JT, I think it is wonderful that you recognize the signs that you are communicating. I’ve always felt that people who work closely, and/or live with animals, develop communication with them very quickly. Best to you. :)

2. Hi Jeanne and Angela:

Sweet post. I worked with a pet communicator prior to the passing of my cat, Maxwell.

I enjoyed your Kmart story. Very funny how our intuition calls us. At times though I can’t tell if it is my intuition or something else.
    – Wendy

• I know exactly what you mean. Because many times the intuitive voice sounds like our own internal dialog, it is very hard to tell the difference.

I usually just ask myself, “is this something I would say or think of?” and that question can sometimes be enough to let us know whose voice it is.

I think the fact I never shopped at KMart so they weren’t even on my radar, helped me to realize, it was coming from someone else. :)

3. Thanks Jeanne and Angela. :)

Your replies helped me feel better about the communication I already have with my little cat and I will use both your suggestions to keep working at it. She definitely let’s me know when she wants food or cuddles already!

Jen x

• You are so very welcome. I’ll bet food and cuddles run neck and neck as being the most important thing to them. :)

4. Hi Jeanne, Thank you for the insight. I am feel I have an unearthly bond with animals, Ive been a vegetarian since age 12 and I would love to develop a way to communicate with them. Just a question… My family immigrated from South Africa, and its very difficult re-homing animals there… not guaranteed they would be well looked after…. We felt it more compassionate to put them down… Do animals on the other side understand this? Thanks!

• Hi Kaleigh,
      It is so unfortunate you weren’t able to find them a home or surrender them to a rescue group. But please be assured that on the other side, they know all that goes on with us. They will understand your intention as they know our hearts.
      Most of the pets I’ve spoken to on the other side, have sent a message to their family to stop feeling any guilt over their passing.

• Thank you so much Jeanne for that. Its always comforting to hear. I will most definitely organize a reading at some point. We were fortunate enough to find homes for some of our animals, the ones we knew would have a good life. thank you so much!

5. Oh wow! I thoroughly enjoyed reading this interview. Jeanne sounds very gifted. I am just wondering if it also works for pets other than cats and dogs. What about terrapins, for instance?

Thank you for the lovely read, Angela and Jeanne!
    Evelyn Lim recently posted…How to Mend a Broken Heart HolisticallyMy Profile

• Hi Evelyn,

That is a wonderful question. I have never been asked to read a terrapin, tortoise, or snakes and other reptiles, but it will be interesting when I do. I’m betting that even if they are unwilling to talk, I would still be able to get helpful info from my Spirit Guides. :)

6. Ps – I had a strong urge to become a vegetarian again after adopting our cat. I do credit her with my making that change, so maybe there’s more going on here than I see at times. I felt much more in tune with all animals after spending a lot of time with her.

• Hmm, that makes a lot of sense. I’m sure it was due to the telepathic messages you picked up from your pet.

• Any time we bond really closely with an animal, it really causes a shift in our way of thinking. Knowing that there is so much more going on with them, other than what we have always been told, is a very powerful thing.

7. I really enjoyed this interview – very inspiring and informative. I have read a few books about animal communication – it is a fascinating thing. I have a beautiful cat who I have tried communicating with, but haven’t felt I’ve had success as such yet (maybe I’m too close) though we ‘talk’ a lot. I think its probably down to developing my own intuition, which is something I am continuing to work on.
    Jen x

• Hi Jen,
      So nice meeting you. Welcome to Powered by Intuition. I’m so glad you enjoyed this interview with Jeanne.
      She’s excellent. I don’t have the gift with pets only people.
      Keep on working to strengthen your intuition.

• Hi Jen,

You may already be communicating with your kitty without realizing it. Sometimes I will suddenly think “I wonder if Simon (my kitty) would like one of his treats” only to turn around and see him walking toward the cupboard where his treats are. I honestly don’t think that was my idea…but that the little darling is putting it in my head. Keep an eye out for that type of communication too…they are very good at it. LOL
      Keep working on sending him a thought while you both are in a relaxed mood. You will get there…it just takes patience and practice. :)

8. What a wonderful gift you have Jeanne. Angela thanks for sharing this. I would do something like this and know many people who cherish their pets and could gain closure from this type of experience. Very interesting!
    Joe Wilner recently posted…How to Make Love Last a LifetimeMy Profile

• Joe,
      Please so share Jeanne’s name and contact information with your friends. She is a wonderful animal communicator.

• Angela, thank you so much for your lovely words.

Hi Joe, Thank you so much. I appreciate your comments. You are right in that many times, the readings can bring closure. To people who are grieving a loss, hearing their pets words again, can be such a healing experience for them. It may not be able to take the pain of loss away, but does help them to realize that their pet hasn’t truly left them….just changed form. :)

9. Dear Jean…
    You’re a woman after my own heart. I LOVE what you’ve written. You re-affirm everything that I’ve known for years. Everyone in my family are major dog lovers. I have 3 Aussie Terriers, my son has an English bull dog, and my daughter a beautiful princess of a dog.

I have seen how sensitive and caring they are to human emotion. When my mother became ill with ALS, Molly, the smallest of the 3, would not leave her side. She gave her a tremendous amount of love and care. After her death, my Dad stayed at my house for 8 weeks…Sassey, another dog, was with him every minute. She knew that he needed her love and attention…and she generously gave it to him.

Today she lives 6000 miles away from him but when they see each other it is like two lost friends coming together. It’s love for life.

Thanks for a great interview Angela…It made me smile! Fran
    Fran recently posted…Why Your Passions Infuse Your Life With Creativity and PeaceMy Profile

• Fran,
      How beautiful! I do think animals are so much more intelligent than we give them credit for. They are also compassionate and empathetic. The love we get from our pets is unconditional love. To be honest I never trust a person who has a dislike of animals….makes me wonder about their own capacity to love.

• Hi Fran, Thank you so much. I’m so glad this resonated so strongly with you. It sounds like you have an incredible understanding of how special animals are and what an important role they play in our lives.
      There are so many more therapy dogs visiting hospitals and nursing homes now then ever before, as people start to truly understand their amazing healing abilities. And they always seem to know when we need their comforting presence, as your dogs did. :)

10. Hi Angela and Jeanne,

I’m an animal lover as well, having had dogs my entire life. I feel very connected to my dog, Nellie. Part of that is because my kids are grown and gone out into the world and we spend a lot of time together. I appreciate your information on better animal communication. Animals are fascinating and I would love to learn more about how their minds work.
    Cathy recently posted…Find the Bridge from Recovery Back to CollegeMy Profile

• Hi Cathy,
      I know I too love my pets and would love to be able to communicate with them but, I don’t have that gift! Jeanne is so lucky.

• I don’t think I have the ability to work with people the way you do, Angela. I envy you that. You are phenomenal. :)

Hi Cathy, it is amazing the bonds that develop between us and our pets. I think with the children gone, it has enabled you to deepen your, already strong, bond with your dog. It is a wonderful feeling to be taken into the heart of an animal who loves us just for being us.

11. What an amazing read, Angela. Thank you for introducing Jeanne. I found the Q & A fascinating. You know, decades ago, when I was just 2 or 3 years old, we had a dog, Caesar, who was closest to mom. I’d find her talking to him very often (oh yes, pets make fabulous companions) – and each time she said something, she would wait as though she could hear him answer – and so the conversation would go on. In fact, in later years, we somehow always had the neighbor’s dog or the colony dog hanging around our place – and mom would always communicate with the dog. She was highly intuitive and would keep saying that pets are even more intuitive in some ways than us humans. I know people who communicate with birds. Somehow, knowing this gives me such a good feeling. Pets are beneficial in so many ways, it is only fair to understand them equally.

Thank you Jeanne, thank you, Angela.

• Hi Vidya,
      I’m so glad you enjoyed this interview with Jeanne Miller. I’ve always thought my pets understood my but, I was never able to communicate with them.
      I do believe animals are much smarter than we give them credit for. I believe birds are very intelligent. My uncle wrote a fascinating book about the intelligence of birds: The Human Nature of Birds that is absolutely fascinating. After I read that I became a huge bird lover!

• You are so welcome, Vidya. I think that because we have never been able to fully understand an animal’s language, we assume that they don’t understand ours. :) Nothing could be further from the truth. It’s been my experience that they understand on a toddler level and sometimes higher than that. Their psychic ability fills in the rest. I’m so happy you enjoyed the interview.

• It was my pleasure, Angela. Thank you so much for inviting me.

Submit a Comment