The Top 10 Signs Your Intuition is More Developed Than You Think

Do you know the top 10 ten signs that your intuition is more developed than you think?

Are you wondering whether you might be highly intuitive?

Am I intuitive?People visiting Powered by Intuition for the first time take the Intuition Quotient test and are surprised at how high their scores are.

The fact is, most people are intuitive and — much more intuitive than they believe. There are common signs that appear throughout the life of intuitive individuals. Each of them is a “calling card” trying to get your attention.

Here are the top 10 signs that you might be highly intuitive:

1. Do you feel drawn to learn more about the workings of intuition? Does the idea of developing your intuition appeal to you? You wouldn’t be pulled toward learning more about intuition unless a greater ability then you are aware of first existed within you. Everything outside of us mirrors something from within. In other words, if this latent ability didn’t already exist within you – you couldn’t have an interest in it because it wouldn’t be part of your “awareness.”

2. Have you purchased and read books about the lives of people who are intuitive? Do you find the topic fascinating? This is similar to the first sign. You wouldn’t be pulled to read about this topic unless you possessed these abilities within you.

3. Did you ever take any intuition development courses? Again, even if you left there without feeling that you were an accomplished intuitive or ready to “read” more into things you would not have taken the courses unless you had within you this ability.

4. Do you have moments where you feel you are reading another person’s mind but then dismiss it, thinking it was just a coincidence? Do you know when the phone is going to ring? Do you find that many times you know who is on the phone before you answer? Are you a really good judge of character? Do your kids find it spooky that you always know who the “bad” kids are? Do you just “know” things without knowing how you “know?”

5. Do you have vivid dreams that you remember? Many intuitive individuals have action-packed dreams in full color that they remember for years and  years. One of the earliest “calling cards” from your intuition are frequent and vivid dreams. The problem is that most people ignore their dreams. When you start paying attention you’ll  find a lot of intuitive guidance coming your way via your dreams.

6. Are you attracted to the healing arts? Are you interested in taking courses in energy healing, Reiki, hands on healing or massage? Have you had treatments by a spiritual healer? Many latent intuitives are attracted to study healing modalities. They are intensely drawn to heal others and possess great empathy. They are also fascinated by working with “energy” or aware of “energy” and feel you have an understanding of how to transfer or send energy to others. You might even practice on your spouse, children, friends and even your pets.

7. Are you interested in systems of divination? Do systems such as the astrology, Tarot, I Ching, palmistry, numerology or scrying fascinate you? There are hundreds of other systems of divination that I didn’t mention but, you get the point. It doesn’t matter which one as long as you’ve found yourself drawn to it. Did you find yourself drawn to study the art of divination from a young age? I began reading the Tarot when I was eleven years old.

8. Do you find that you sense other people’s emotions? Do you easily become emotional? Can you sense both the joy and pain in other people? Do you feel the “oneness” all around you? Does joy bring you to a state of tears? Are you drawn to animals? Do you feel you understand them? If so you are highly empathic and open to your intuition.

9. Do you  see your life as filled with meaning and symbolism? Do you see repeating number patterns? Do you wake in the middle of the night and see the same time on your digital clock? Or do you see these repeating numbers on license plates? Do “signs” appear that answer your questions such as song lyrics, license plates, billboards, conversation with people who know nothing about your question?

10. Do  similar coincidences pop up to guide you as to whether you should do something you had been contemplating? Do people and solutions arrive in your life just at the right time? Do you feel that you’re lucky?

Review these ten clues to see if any or a few apply to you. If so, you know your intuition is much more developed than you think.

What did you learn from this post about your intuitive inclinations? Are you much intuitive than you thought you were? Which of the ten clues sounded most like you?

If you enjoyed this post please share it on social media. Thank you!

Get free updates and a free gift from me too!

P.S. To learn how to develop  your intuition Check out my books on Amazon (The Intuition Primer is a great book for beginners and it’s free to Amazon Prime members).

Comments

comments

service

1. Nitzye

Hey angy.. I can predict things like phone rings etc..through my intuition… I can read people’s thoughts, emotions etc.(most of the time…i get an intuitive idea of these things)…. And i see number patterns…time(especially 19.20). I dnt wanna take that intuition quotient test… I had gone through that deja vu article and expressed my concern of seeing number patterns(time xx:02 or xx:20 almost everyday) to melody.. The next thing i read on this site is these 10 things… So how weird is my intuition to take me from deja vu to here..?

2. Not only do you teach us how to develop our intuition, you inspire us by showing us how developed it is :)

Until we begin to really use our intuition there’s a looming doubt. And the intuitive voice can sound so quiet and tiny when the big logical voice speaks. It’s easy to get discouraged, but you remind us to go deeper and see what’s already there.

• Yes, it is so easy to think you’re not intuitive.
      When we have that little nagging doubt its so quiet we think, “Did I hear that or did I make that up?”
      Learning to trust is the big hurdle we all need to get over.

3. Indeed Angela. A large part of my own growth and development has been learning to become conscious of things that I did subconsciously. When I left my secure teaching position to become an entreprenuer it was guided by my intuition. There was very little “logic” to it. The more I became conscious of my intuition for business the more success I experienced. Awareness is indeed power.
    rob white recently posted..What Qualifies Me to Open a Learning Center?

• Rob,
      No doubt your intuition led you in the right direction too!
      I’m so glad you can vouch for the importance of listening to one’s intuition.
      Awareness of that guiding force is the key.

4. I think we’re all born being very intuitive. Unfortunately, society does a good job of erasing that, sometimes calling it crazy. I’m hoping to encourage the intuitive and empathic tendancies in my young children. My 5 year old daughter shows some amazing abilities in this area. I find myself constantly praising her for this.

Angela,
    Thank you speaking about so many aspects of being intuitive in such a supportive environment. I think it’s part of our nature if we open ourselves to it.
    Paige | simple mindfulness recently posted..How Free Do You Think You Are? Really

• Hi Paige,
      I’m glad you found this article helpful. I’m also glad you’re encouraging your daughter too.
      The reason I’m so passionate about teaching people is because I hid my abilities for years out of fear that I would not be respected in business.
      Now I think people need to express who they are and intuition needs to be given the respect it deserves as another of our perfectly valid sensing abilities.

5. Hmm, not only do all of these apply to me in spades, but of course you can throw in “you believe you live with the ghost of a past life lover who talks to you with nightlights,” and “you use your synesthesia to read auras and see through playing cards.”

Then again, maybe that stuff moves me out of the intuitive category and straight into “shouldn’t you be taking something for that?”

Oh well. It is what it is. :)
    Anna Barlowe recently posted..A Haunting Melody

• Anna,
      It is so good to see you! How are you and your ghostly companion?
      LOL! I’ve missed you and you wonderful humor.

• Hey, thanks! We’ve just been super busy, but we’re fine. I’m making an effort to get back to my Painted Universe a little more often, though. I do have some interesting stuff to catch up on. :)
        Anna Barlowe recently posted..Cutting Remarks

• Hi Anna,
          Glad to hear you’re okay and have just been busy. I hope you have some interesting stuff going on in your life!

I love the top 10 signs you have compiled to show what makes an intuitive person.

1. I remember being drawn to learn more about the workings of intuition when I started my self-development journey. All the logic that I was taught in school while useful, didn’t really fascinate me. I always felt there was something more that I was missing.

7. Although I would never have guessed it when I was younger and a devout Christian, I became fascinated with divination. As you would know, the I-Ching appeals to me most. It is an obsession that will probably last me a lifetime to learn about the ways of the world and the unknown. I wish I have discovered it in my teens instead of my twenties.

8. Sensing other people’s emotions came naturally to me from a young age. Later I found out I was an INFJ. The trouble was learning to manage my own emotions which thankfully I learned to do. Otherwise things would be a disaster with all the emotional overload that I had to deal with.

9. Life has a pattern and meaning even in seemingly random events. It is a matter of knowing how to see these things to use it to guide us or to warn us about dangers and so on. I am certainly glad I became more aware of these things as I got older.

Thank you for sharing this lovely article!

Irving the Vizier
    The Vizier recently posted..How to Lift Your Mood Quickly

• Hi Irving,
      I knew this would resonate with you dear friend.
      Of course you don’t need my article to tell you that you are intuitive!

7. What a great list Angela! I said “Yes” to every question. Amazing! Maybe I should pay closer attention to all these signs and meditate a little more.

Great post!!
    Betsy at Zen Mama recently posted..Gandhi’s Top Ten

• Betsy,
      You should pay closer attention! If you were drawn to these questions you are very intuitive.

Your list rings true…I am intuitive.
    It is a gift to learn how to recognize it…and use it.
    What you wrote can be extremely useful to those who aren’t aware that it is part of who they are. Leave it to you to offer such an informative and concise article. Fran
    Fran recently posted..48 Quotes To Inspire Creativity And Play

• Fran,
      I’m so glad the article rang true for you. Being an artist I’m sure that you are very intuitive!

9. Yes, I am intuitive. :-) Loved this post. Of late, I’ve found that many of my friends seek me out to share their problems with and say they feel much better after we talk. That makes me so grateful because that’s the one thing I’d like to do – put a smile on people’s faces and make them feel better. I find that I want to give without expecting anything in return – and that makes me feel good.

Thank you, Angela!
    Vidya Sury recently posted..The Haiku Challenge 2012 – Day 6 – Power of Thoughtful Words

• Hi Vidya,
      I’m so happy that the article resonated with you. I’m happy too that you found out just how intuitive you really are!

Thankyou for this, terrific info.
    be good to yourself
    David
    David Stevens recently posted..Living Life Today – A Positive Mindset never hurt anyone, so let’s get charged!

• David,
      You’re welcome. I’m glad you found it worthwhile.

11. Brilliant- yes could check off 10. just this past week i feel i have really started to listen more closely through my left hsnded art and meditation.
    Suzie Cheel recently posted..Beautiful At Any Size Book Launch

• Suzie,
      It’s great to see you. I’m so glad your art has opened up a whole new world to you.

12. I enjoyed going through your list of questions. You have just made a point that I am more intuitive than I know myself to be. I am definitely very drawn to the different divination and healing methods and continue seek to learn more.
    Evelyn Lim recently posted..Self-Love Lessons from Little Swallow

• Hi Evelyn,
      I’m so glad to hear that this article helped you discover just how intuitive you are!
      Healing methods interest me too. I wish I had more time to take a course or two.

I have really grown in with my intuition over the last few years. I am naturally more of an analytical or left brained type of thinker. So, i have had to learn to tap into this more emotional experience of intuition. Much or my development has came from reading your blog, though also with exploring teachers through the Sounds True company. I actually subscribed as a premium member and have access to all sorts of recordings and programs. It has really changed the way I live my life and I would certainly recommend it to others. Have a great day!
    Joe Wilner @ Shake off the Grind recently posted..How to Boost Your Positive Emotions

• Hi Joe,
      I’m so honored to read that you’ve learned so much here. Thank you so much for telling me too.
      I’m so glad that you’re learning to trust your gut. It really changes our life when we learn that.
      I’ve never heard of the Sounds True company. I will check them out sometime.
      Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. Great to see you!

I love your list. That is very helpful. I do find that several signs ring true with me. I do seem to sense other people’s emotions, sometimes to a fault, as I can be more concerned about their emotions than my own. I dream quite frequently have read a book or two about intuition. I feel it flows in and out of my life. Sometimes I’m tuned in and other times, it floats right by.

As I was reading your post I had a question – Are certainly personality types more intuitive than others? For example introvert as opposed to extrovert? Of course there are many more defined types within each of those, but just in general.
    Cathy | Treatment Talk recently posted..Are You the Child of an Alcoholic?

1. April 2013 Numerology Forecast – You’re Number One! | trangmoschino 05 04 13
  2. Mapping the Human Energy Field: Aura Readings Explained | Powered by Intuition 25 11 12
  3. When Your Soul Speaks - Will You Listen? | Powered by Intuition 07 05 12
  4. Intuition: Where Do Signs Come From? | Powered by Intuition 20 04 12
  5. Enhance Your Intuition With Divination | Powered by Intuition 15 04 12
  6. Intuition: How To Know If You're Getting a Sign | Powered by Intuition 31 03 12
  7. Intuition: Why We Don't Listen to Our Inner Voice | Powered by Intuition 29 03 12
  8. Intuition: Examples of How to Recognize It | Powered by Intuition 28 03 12
  9. Dear LOA: How Can I Make My Miserable Friend Happy? 08 03 12
  10. Dear LOA: If Enough People In The World Believe the World Will End In 2012, Will It? 12 02 12
  11. 19 Positive ways to Romance Yourself this Valentine’s « *POSITIVE PROVOCATIONS* 06 02 12