site-map

Love is The Greatest Gift – A Holiday Message

Why do we cry at joyous events like weddings and baptisms?

Or, well up with tears when we see beautiful art, listen to opera and classic composers, or when we read poetry?

I believe it’s because we’ve connected to the raw emotion of pure love – the emotion connected with the act of creating.

Love is a far more powerful emotion than the romantic notions we ascribe to it.

The energy pattern of love contains within it “pure potential,” which is the unharnessed energy at the heart of all creation.

When something beautiful is created and born into the world it strikes a chord within us. The chord is Love.

Love motivates us to do the impossible. Where we believe we can’t – love pushes us forward anyway.

To feel love in our hearts is to tune into the most awesome creative power in the Universe.

It’s a power even greater than splitting the atom – for splitting the atom destroys life, but love creates life.

To use our intelligence to channel this power to create is the greatest gift we humans have been given.

“In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth… And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.” Genesis 1:1,31a (KJV)

Don’t we feel the same when we “create” something? We also feel it’s “very good.” We look at our creation as if we’d just given birth to a new life and love it – just as surely as God loved his creation of the heavens and earth.

Whether we’re consciously aware of it or not in the continual act of creating our lives each day – we are using the awesome power of love.

Make a promise to yourself to use this precious gift to create not only great works, but more goodness and joy around you and for those you love, and give generously, right now during the holidays and from now on.

Happy holidays to all and best wishes for a Happy New Year. I’ll see you right back in here in 2011.

If you enjoyed this article support this blog by subscribing and sharing on Twitter and Facebook. Thank you!

I want to thank my friend, and fellow blogger Joy Holland from Unfolding Your Path to Joy for asking me to participate in the “Love Project.” For more essays on the power of love please visit Unfolding Your Path to Joy.

Comments

comments

partner

1. Hi Angela!

I saw the word “window” somewhere. I like what you had to say about attachment…boy do I still get caught up in my attachments! “Intuition” and “Creativity” has always been me. Helen Fisher’s test has ‘me’ a Negoiator/Explorer…very intuitive and creative personality. I’m doing as you mentioned…speading love when and how I can.

The past few days I’ve been going over Windell Berry’s poem ‘Manifesto: The Mad Farmer Liberation Front’

This is why “window” perks me up:

“Be afraid to know your neigbors and to die. And you will have a window in your head. Not even your future will be a mystery any more. You mind will be punched in a card and shut in a little drawer.”

Your “window” is one to the world and universe…much better.

Thanks!
    Rand

I could really identify with what you said about having love in our hearts tuning us into the most awesome creative power in the Universe. I feel the most alive, complete, connected and happy when I have love in my life– love of myself and love of others. Love just calms everything down. :-) Thanks for sharing this.
    Lisa H. recently posted…Happy New You- A Note of InspirationMy Profile

• Hi Lisa,
      Happy New Year!
      I’m glad you understood the vibe about love. It is way more than just a romantic notion on Valentine’s Day. It is the power that creates, and we can use this power! How magnificent. And, what greater power than to create is there in the Universe?
      It’s my pleasure to share it with you Lisa. Thanks so much for coming by and adding to the conversation here.

Wishing you very happy and prosperous 2011! You are so right, emotion that we feel from love is simply heartfelt. I cry with joy, at watching emotional movies like “it is a wonderful life” or reading stories of compassion in magazines or newspaper.

Congratulations of being part of love project, I should check it out. Thanks for letting me know.
    Zengirl recently posted…Starting Off New Year With Trials and ErrorsMy Profile

• Preeti,
      Happy New Year to you too! I hope this year will bring you everything you hope for and desire for you and your family.
      It’s a Wonderful Life is my favorite movie of all time!! I watch it each year at Christmas. It reminds me that each of us contributes something to each others lives, so never give up!
      Thank you Preeti. It was an honor to be part of The Love Project.

I deeply enjoyed the eloquence of this post. You brought the feeling and power of love alive! I loved this reminder:

Love, love, love, love ~ love is all there is!

Thanks for this love infusion!
    Sandra Lee recently posted…Is a Lack of Forgiveness Holding You BackMy Profile

• Hi Sandra,
      I’m so glad you enjoyed the post. I agree: Love is all there is.
      Thank you for your support this past year. It’s been a pleasure getting to know you Sandra!
      I hope 2011 brings you everything you desire.

5. I’m so much happier now that I’m creating (writing my blog) on a daily basis.

My Christmas wish is for everyone to realize their own true love in life.

• Hi Marnie,
      What a pleasure “meeting” you.
      Yes, be creative and writing daily feels wonderful, doesn’t it?
      I’m so glad you’re enjoying the process. It’s a pleasure meeting new bloggers.
      Thanks so much for sharing your Christmas wish with us here.
      Best wishes for a terrific new year too!

6. What a lovely holiday message. One of the things I have appreciated so much this year is being part of a network of bloggers who are so positive, so uplifting, so inspiring, and so fun! What a powerful counterbalance to all the “news” we are bombarded with all the time. Thank you for adding to the holiday cheer with this message.
    Galen Pearl recently posted…Preparing the GroundMy Profile

• Hi Galen,
      Yes, I feel the same way. Being part of the blogging community is so uplifting, especially as you say compared to all the negativity out there!
      Thank you so much for coming by and adding to the conversation here.

7. You know, Angela, I always thought that people cry at weddings and baptisms or whatever (hmm I don’t think I’ve cried at a bris lol) because it’s a reminder of our mortality or all the struggles the young person may go through that we have seen. Or with weddings, it can remind us of heartaches and love lost or pain associated with that or issues in our own marriages and so on. Lost youth, what we once were and possibilities unrealized, or something related to how short life is.

But I think you could be on to something here. The power of love, the power of creation, the power of awakening life and possibilities. I like it! Next time I’m at a wedding or similar I will definitely think of this when the tears start to roll. Love and creation….definitely related. Thanks for something to think about :)
    Leah McClellan recently posted…My Holiday Message For YouMy Profile

• Hi Leah,
      I’m glad you can understand what I’m referring to.
      I’m also happy that I gave you something to think about!
      That’s no small feat – since you’re so smart!!
      Have a great new year!

8. Angela: What a great holiday message. Thanks for passing it along. I think it is something we all need to be reminded of because love is such an essential part of our essence. I really appreciated your suggestion to make sure that we are a portal. Great post and great message. Thanks to both you and Joy.

• Hi Sibyl,
      Thanks so much. I’m glad you found something useful to take away from the post. I do think each of us is a portal, or extension of higher consciousness living a physical life. When we realize how much power we have and that we can open up and let so much more flow through us – it can change our lives and those around us for the better, forever. I always ask in my prayers to “be good, do good and spread goodness.” I know it sounds simple, but I think sometimes the most profound things are really very simple.
      Thanks so much for visiting Sibyl.

9. Dear Angela,

I am always amazed at how deeply beauty touches our soul. And how when the channel is open we are capable of creating such beauty that it takes the breath away.

You have a lovely way of helping us tap into our relationship with the unseen, Angela, and I love it.

Have a wonderful upcoming year.

Warmest regards,
    Lauren
    Lauren recently posted…Start Your New Year with Attitude- A Day Above Ground Is GoodMy Profile

• Hi Lauren,
      I’m glad you enjoyed the post. I believe our three dimensional reality exists within an “unseen” world. I also think when we create, whether it’s art, or music, or writing we are using the same power that was used by Infinite Intelligence to create us and the world, and the entire universe. It’s our gift from the power that created us and gave us consciousness. We all have a spark of divinity within and I think the power to create is the evidence of that spark.

Thanks so much for coming by and commenting Lauren. It’s a pleasure to “see” you again.

A wonderful holiday message. Those feelings of love reminds us that we are all a seamless part of the Universe and all share one mind … Universal Mind. When we experience beautiful art, music, poetry, etc. we smile and feel love because that feeling is awakened in us … and we know that we are a part of it all.
    rob white recently posted…More About ROAR-ingMy Profile

• Hi Rob, I hope you had a Merry Christmas!
      Yes, that’s exactly what I was trying to convey. We are all one and the appearance of separation is an illusion.
      We feel that love from beautiful creations because it awakens the memory that we are all one, and as you say, share the same Universal mind. I would go one step further and add that we also reawaken & re-experience our connection to the power that created us – love.
      Thank you so much for coming by and adding to the conversation here Rob.

11. Hi Angela! I love this “When something beautiful is created and born into the world it strikes a chord within us.” We’re connected in many ways and when beautiful things happen, a ripple effect starts. We could concentrate on creating more of this beautiful among ourselves.
    Thanks for this beautiful reminder! Loving blessings!
    Andrea DeBell – britetalk recently posted…The Unique Joys of a Simplified ChristmasMy Profile

• Dear Andrea,
      Thank you. I’m so glad you enjoyed the article. I love what you said in your comment: when beautiful things happen a ripple effect starts. That’s it exactly. Let’s start this ripple effect together!
      Thank you so much for visiting me on Christmas Day. Merry Christmas to you and your family Andrea.

12. Love the article and the usage of the bible. Have a merry x-mas Angela. Give hugs and kisses to the family for me.
    jonathanfigaro recently posted…Are You A Jordan FanMy Profile

• Hi Jonathan,
      I’m so glad you liked the bible quote. I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too!
      Hugs and kisses to your family as well!!!

• Karen,
      Thanks so much for the lovely Christmas and New Year wishes – the same to you my friend!

13. “The more you become a conscious portal for directing the awesome power of love to create – the greater your life and works will become.”

Such a beautiful message you share. A perfect thought to carry into Christmas and into the new year!

Wishing you all blessings!

• Hi Aileen,
      I’m glad you enjoyed the article.
      Merry Christmas Aileen!

• Thank you so much Marcus. I’m glad you enjoyed the post.
      So true and a perfect way to put it: Love is first and everything else second.
      Thank you. Have a wonderful holiday and happy new year.

14. Dear Angela,

Love most certainly is the greatest gift – and the art of creation is born from love. Maybe that’s why I’m in a poetry writing frenzy these days :-)

Thank you for your kind words on my blog today. May you have a blessed and joyful Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

Peggy
    Peggy recently posted…Tuesday’s Love StoryMy Profile

• Hi Peggy,
      Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I’m happy you’re in a poetry writing frenzy – I do hope you share what you create from this with us! Thank you so much for your holiday wishes. I wish the same for you.

• Hi Tess,
      It is all about love. That’s right – “everything else is an illusion of fear.”
      Thanks – xo back.

15. Happy Holidays to you, Angela!

You and several other bloggers I met this past year have been true blessings to me.

Thanks for being you and I hope you have a happy & prosperous 2011.

• Hi Carolee,
      Thank you so much! I have been blessed to meet you as well. I love connecting with you.
      I hope you have wonderful holidays and a terrific new year~!

• Hi Betsy,
      Oh, how marvelous. I’m going right over to read yours.
      You too – happy holidays and happy new year!

16. Angela, this is a lovely post! I love the short simplicity … just as you were saying with Leah today. Beautiful thoughts on the power of love, and how it touches so many facets of our lives. Thank you for the gentle reminder ~
    Jane Rochelle recently posted…Wishcasting Wednesday- What is your Winter WishMy Profile

• Janie!! Hi.
      I’m so glad you enjoyed the post and the “short simplicity!” Yes, I took a lesson from Leah on this one for sure!
      Thanks so much for visiting and commenting.
      I hope you have wonderful holidays and a Happy New Year!

17. This is a beautiful post Angela! I had never really thought it through before but you are absolutely right. Love is the power-house that pushes us through all of our life experiences good and bad. I have experienced that feeling of a beautiful surge of energy welling up inside when creating something that I know is good and emanates from something greater than me. And it makes sense that if inspiration and creation come from ‘the Higher Source’ or ‘God’ then it comes from pure love. I’m not too good on quoting from the Bible but i’m pretty sure that there is a quote to the effect that ‘God is Love’. Thanks for this Angela…hope you have a joyous and peaceful Christmas!
    Rosemary recently posted…Are You Afraid of Your Authentic SelfMy Profile

• Hi Rosemary,
      I’m so glad you enjoyed the post. I do believe this too. I wonder if someday science will validate that the pure energy everything is made of has the same “wave-length” as love? Wouldn’t that be something?
      I’m not too good at quoting the bible either, but I think you’re right. “God is love” has to be in there!
      Thanks so much for the lovely Christmas wishes. I wish you the same and a terrific New Year too!~

I agree with you. Being connected to the raw emotion of pure love can cause me to well up with tears when I experience a moving event.

You are perfectly right. Love is one of the most powerful forces in the universe. For the sake of the people we love, we can push forward and overcome incredible obstacles when we would have failed to find the strength to do so in other instances. When we allow love to fill and drive us, we develop great purpose in life.

Thank you for this lovely holiday message and may you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :)

Irving aka the Vizier
    The Vizier recently posted…The Benefits of Reading the YijingMy Profile

• Hi Irving,
      Yes, it’s true isn’t it? Through love we can perform seeming miracles. And, as you say: develop great purpose in life.
      I’m glad you enjoyed this holiday message.
      Merry Christmas to you and Happy New Year too!

19. This is beautiful, Angela, and so perfect for this time of year.

I like the notion that this feeling that wells up inside, that we usually call love, is often (or always) due to actually recognizing our pure selves in someone or something else… and our hearts are touched.

I guess I’m seeing myself in you, because you’ve touched me with this.

Thank you, and many blessings.
    Patti Foy recently posted…Timely Tidbits- Seize the Power of the EclipsesMy Profile

• Hi Patti,
      Thank you so much! I’m very glad you enjoyed the post and it touched you. How beautifully you put that Patti: recognizing our pure selves in someone or something else…..yes, that it exactly!~
      Thank you.
      Have a wonderful holiday and a fabulous new year Patti!

20. Thanks for this Angela. It’s true, music, and other beautiful crations really shine with love.

Blessings to you for a beautiful, love-filled holiday season.

• Hi Alison,
      Thanks so much for visiting me here! Yes, I once cried at a jazz concert because I could feel the joy of the musicians as they did something they loved – making music.
      Thank you for the lovely holiday blessing. I wish the same for you as well.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Happiness, Health and Heart-centered Wisdom | Powered by Intuition - [...] are a spiritual being who has chosen to live within a physical body at this time. You are so …
  2. Tweets that mention Love is The Greatest Gift – A Holiday Message | Powered By Intuition -- Topsy.com - [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Sandra Lee. Sandra Lee said: RT @AngArtemis Love is the Greatest Gift …

Submit a Comment