conditions

5 Books to Blow Open Your Intuitive Mind

Posted 13 Sep 2010 in Developing Intuition, Psychic Development

Looking for 5 books to blow open your intuitive mind?

I love to read – I always have. My favorite pass time is browsing in book stores. You never want to go with me to a book store unless you can be there for a couple hours.

As far as I’m concerned there’s nothing better than a rainy day to stay inside and curl up with a good book!

When I was growing up I loved horror stories, gothic novels and mysteries, especially Agatha Christie mystery novels. I would try to figure out who “done-it” before I got to end of the book. It was rare that I out-smarted the marvelous Ms. Christie though. When I’d found out who did do it in the end I was always so surprised that I’d overlooked all her delicious little clues. What a master she was.

After discovering the Tarot, at the ripe old age of 10, my reading habits started evolving more. I wanted to learn everything I could about this ancient deck of cards. By the time I was a teenager I began to enjoy non-fiction more than fiction, and I’ve been an avid non-fiction reader ever since. I do enjoy a good novel here and there, but I primarily devour non-fiction.

I mostly read books with a metaphysical bent. I love underlining and making notes in the margins and marking the pages I find interesting. I’ve collected a massive amount of books too.(I dread the thought of moving since books weigh a ton!) Some books I’ve loaned out and never gotten back, but I go right out and buy them again. I treasure each book in my collection. I do not think for one minute that having a shelf with a Kindle on it could possibly feel the same as holding a book in your hands. (A Kindle would be nice to take on vacation though!)

What I want to do today is share 5 books I think offer the best foundation for any of you interested in developing your intuitive and psychic skills. The books I’m recommending are all very general and a great way start building your knowledge about extra sensory perception.

1. The Psychic Pathway, by Sonia Choquette - is a practical 12-week program for reconnecting to your intuition and imagination. This simple guidebook shows you how to develop your psychic awareness and your powers of divination and healing.

2. Diary of a Psychic, by Sonia Choquette – Choquette’s story reminds me a bit of my own as she too discovered her psychic abilities as a young child. While still a teenager, she began to give readings, amazing her clients with her psychic insights. Seeking to deepen her skills, she studied with two master psychic/spiritual teachers and began to see beyond predictions of the future . . . into the causes of the future. This book is great for understanding how the being psychic can impact your “everyday” life.

3. The Gift, by Echo Bodine – This is an accessible guide to understanding and exploring your own psychic abilities. The book defines the four psychic gifts. It then discusses the implications of becoming a professional psychic and offers self-protection techniques. Readers also learn four basic exercises for accessing the “third eye.”

4. Discover your psychic type, by Sherrie Dillard – This book offers a personalized approach to spiritual development, introducing four different psychic types and revealing how to develop the unique talents of each. Designed for both beginning intuitives and advanced psychics, this book presents a simple, step-by-step plan to learn whether you are a physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual intuitive. And, discover more about each type’s nature, personality, strengths, and potential challenges

5. Basic Psychic Development, by John Friedlander & Gloria Hemsher – This book is a complete learning system for would-be psychics. Friedlander’s system encourages an open, playful approach to experiencing the energies around us with new tools like auras, chakras, and clairvoyance.

6. I know I said five but, my book Navigating by Intuition: How to Follow The Signs can teach you how to recognize what the Universe is trying to tell you. Wouldn’t it be nice to understand the signs you’re already getting but, don’t understand how to decipher? We are always being given signs to help point the way – the trick is to recognize and interpret them. I think that’s important, don’t you? One last book I recommend is my new book: The Intuition Primer: Practical Lessons to Launch Your Intuition – also on Amazon Kindle.

I hope you enjoy these books! Let me know what you think of the books, or if you have any questions.

If you’ve enjoyed this post please subscribe and please share it on Twitter and Facebook. Thank you!

Comments

comments

1. I’ve read a couple books by Sonia Choquette (first heard of her through Julia Cameron) and I loved them. However, its been years and seeing her name on your list–twice–makes me think it is time to go back to them again. Thanks for the reminder, and the excellent list

Hi Charlotte,
      I’ve only read 3 or 4 of her books myself. The ones I mentioned I think are her best.
      Glad you liked the list! Nice to see you!

2. Excellent list, thank you Angela….I love fiction more than non-fiction. IT must have had something to do with those 20 odd business books I read for a couple of years – and there’s nothing like escaping to the world of fiction sometimes…but anyway, I had asked for books and you are so so kind to create a list here. I shall be looking into these!
    Farnoosh recently posted..Travel like a Pro- 21 Smart and Efficient Packing Tips

Hi Farnoosh,
      I’m so glad you read the list! I tried so hard to find any books I had on dreams – but I think what’s happened over the years is I’ve loaned out and gotten rid of books. If I come across any – I’ll email you directly. I’ll do a whole post on how to program/interpret dreams for you Farnoosh!

• Sounds great my dear friend – no worry….until then, i can talk to you about my dreams – the ones I dream at night of course – how is that? :)!

Sounds perfect – anytime – you have my email!~

3. Angela were soul sister bookaholics! I’ve only read one of Sonia’s books and it was “Traveling at the speed of love.” I didn’t think there was much new in it.

Two years ago Leo B impacted me with his simplicity and I gave away 3/4 of my books. I had a ton! I also stopped buying books and started using the library. I still buy used books on Amazon but more 2 a month instead of 22. LOL

What psychologist doesn’t like books?

That’s why I like it when someone asks me to review a book I’m interested in on my blog.

I’ll let you know what I read off your list. Knowing you has peaked my interest in psychic stuff again!

Hi Tess,
      I love that – bookaholic! Yes – that’s me. I’ve moved, so far, 13x in my life and the worst part has always been all the books!
      I never read that one. I liked the two that I mentioned the best. I picked Trust Your Vibes – eh? Wasn’t impressed so I’m moving on to other authors.
      Thank you for sending me your book – I can’t wait to read it!
      I’ve cut way back on books too. Now, that I’m blogging I don’t have the time anyway.
      Yes, let me know if you read any of the books on my list – soul sistah!

4. Big reader here too Angela. I go back and forth with lots of stuff and always have. I love fiction of all sorts but I’ve read plenty of non-fiction as well. All depends on what I’m into at the time, and sometimes I might have a novel and something non-fiction going at the same time.

I haven’t read any of these books, but I know the list is here! And I know, when I’m in the bookstore next time, I’ll be checking out the section with these kinds of books more than I normally would because of reading stuff here on your blog.
    Leah McClellan recently posted..How Many Ways Can We Harm Someone

Hi Leah,
      I figured you were a big reader! I do enjoy fiction once in a while too. I just finished reading, The Help. It was a wonderful book.
      I’m glad your open to reading about intuition. You’re already naturally intuitive – so the books would really help you.
      Thanks so much for visiting and commenting.

5. I love books too! I really appreciate having your recommendations for the best books to help develop one’s intuitive ability. I read one of Sonia’s books a number of years ago (one with a more general title) and found it to be excellent. Thanks for sharing your choices with us.
    Sandra Lee recently posted..Change- the environmental crisis- and the average Joe and Jill

Hi Sandra,
      I’m so glad you enjoyed my choices. Was it Trust Your Vibes?
      It’s my pleasure!
      Thanks so much for stopping in and adding to the conversation here Sandra!

I so relate to your love of books! I too have been an avid reader since childhood although I do go through sometimes rather long periods where I can’t quite settle enough to be able to focus on reading, I make up for it when life is calmer.
    I also prefer non-fiction. Some of my books look like they fell into a rainbow colored bathtub because I’ve highlighted so many passages. Post-it flags are a common book accessory.
    These look like they would be interesting books. I’ll have to add them to my ever-growing list.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Jenny Ann Fraser recently posted..Singing My Way Through The Fear

Hi Jenny,
      How great to see you! I can so relate to the rainbow colored passages!
      I do that too. I keep thinking I should set up a system – for color coding the level of importance of the passage, but I never do! I did use post-it flags for a while, but then I ran out and I went back to my old habit of folding the corner of the page.
      I’m glad you found my list interesting. Thanks so much for coming by and commenting.

7. Excellent recommendations, Angela. I am pretty sure I’ve read and/or bought every possible book on intuitive development that’s out there. I love seeing how it flourishes so differently in each person.

Like you, I am happy to share my books but ones that are particularly special to me (Anatomy of the Soul is one of those), I’ll go buy another copy. I have my own little library going by now.

(Books are inextricably part of who I am. Oh, and cats too!)

• Angela Artemis

Why thanks Lisa! Books are my weakness. I have many I bought I’ve haven’t even read yet, but I keep buying more.
      Exactly, I love to turn people on to good books too.
      If I don’t get it back, I figure they needn’t and eventually if I feel the need I’ll replace it.
      Cats too? Wow – we seem to be living parallel lives!
      Thanks so much for visiting and commenting here. It’s lovely to chat with you.

I’m with you… I grew up as quite the bookworm and love a good read!
    I want to ditto your recommendation of Sonia’s “Psychic Pathway”. I discovered it about a decade ago (before she was so well-known) as one of the rare workbook-type books that is both useful AND fun enough that it keeps you involved. I like her style. I find myself recommending it often.
    Patti Foy recently posted..Find Your Balance Using Color A Handy Reference With Tips

Hi Patti,
      It’s so nice to see you here. Psychic Pathway was a really good, wasn’t it?
      She is a very good writer. I agree.
      Thanks so much for adding to the conversation here.

9. Wonderful… an Intuitive Mind Reading list. I have not read much on this specifically but I am intrigued.

Hi Rob,
      So glad you found the books intriguing.

Lucky me that I have been on the receiving end of your book collection. Don’t forget your off-site library is at my house. :o)
    This list has a couple I have not read. I love to read to. Been doing that instead of watching TV. A lot healthier I think!

Hi Roe,
      Yes, I was looking for a book today and suddenly it occurred to me to call you to see if you had it! lol!
      Definitely, reading rather than watching TV all night – so much better!
      Thanks so much for reading my posts and commenting. I really appreciate it!

11. I love good book recommendations!! All three pages(11 books)look great! :)

I do understand the challenge of moving with books. A little solution that has helped me was putting a few books (one heavy, one medium and one light) in with each box of clothing/bedding and other light weight items. I moved a year and a half ago and I didn’t want to part with my books – nor did I want to life a box of books.
    Aileen recently posted..Dare to be Awkward!

Hi Aileen,
      Oh my! I’m thrilled you like all the books on there. I haven’t even begun to add all the books I wanted to yet!
      Great idea about mixing the books in the with the books too. I’ll try it.
      Let me know if you read any of the books!

12. I love reading, too! Agatha Christie is also one of my favorites. I loved reading about astrolology and Tarot, too. I had a spooky experience with the Tarot cards that had a negative effect on a friend and have never looked at them since. Thanks for a great set of books to look for. My sister would all and any one of them would be a great Christmas present.
    Thanks Angela!

Hi Betsy,
      So nice to see you. Really, what happened? You’ll have to email me!
      I’m glad you might be able to use the list for Christmas shopping.
      Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting.

13. An interesting list of books, Angela…

I’m glad that you love to read, it’s golden habit, which keeps brain fresh… Earlier I was reading novels, science fiction, even Agatha Christie… :)

Now I read mostly about marketing, investing and personal development, but I’m more and more interested in intuition (since visiting your blog) so I will definitely try to find these books… (I always prefer to first find and read books in my native language rather than in English, because I found it easier to read :))
    Marko — Calm Growth recently posted..70 Useful Resources For College Students

Hi Marko,
      I didn’t realize English wasn’t your first language. What language do you prefer to read in?
      I’m glad I’ve piqued your interest about intuition Marko.
      Let me know if you find any of the books.
      Thanks so much for coming by to comment!

• No, English is not my native language :) I’m from a small country in southeastern Europe… Serbia :)

Marko,
          Thank you for sharing that.

14. Angela, thank you for taking the time to put together this great list of books. I love a good book too and just wish I could keep my eyes open longer at night to read more pages. Reading and writing all day for my blogging and work commitments leaves me with little eye-opening ability at the end of the day. You’ve made me realize I need to make time for this too. All the best, dear friend.
    Katie recently posted..A Simple Guide to Joy Riding

Hi Katie,
      I can relate to wishing you had more time/energy to read. I try to make time each night when I get into bed, but many nights I shut the light after just 15 minutes. I’m just too tired, like you.
      Katie thanks so much for visiting and commenting. It’s great to see you too!

My book reading friend like me! I love love reading, mystery novels by Agatha Christie were amazing and like you, I also tried to guess who had done it. When I first read “murder in orient express”, first time I was clueless who had done it, as all-of-them had done it.

I have not read many psychic related books, only dreams books so far, so I have to check these out. Now, I have to add more on my list to read! :-)
    Preeti @ Heart and Mind recently posted..What if you had Golden Touch

Hi Preeti,
      I know, wasn’t Agatha Christie amazing? She wove those little clues in there so seamlessly. I’m glad to know you enjoyed her books too.
      I would recommend Diary of a Psychic. It’s a fun read and gives a great overview of what it’s like.
      Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting Preeti!

1. 5 Best Books for Igniting Your Intuition | Powered by Intuition 06 12 11